JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

2 posters

need cheered up

AngelaJoy

Number of posts : 748
    Hobbies : reading, writing, painting, crocheting

need cheered up Empty need cheered up

Post  AngelaJoy Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:40 pm

i had a rough last couple of days... i have to retake a class... the clinical experience in nursing. (kinda on the job training)
    Good news is i have a lot of people rooting for me. My instructors who had to give me the news and gave me the points (points are not a good thing in this) were so supportive and encouranging. They were correct about everything they said i did wrong. I haven't lost any respect for any of them, and i think they know that.
    I know i'm gonna be a good nurse. I can do this. Next time around, i'm hoping to go in there and be the best student nurse they've ever seen.
    I think i'm more trying to convince myself of that more than anything, cuz right now, i've lost my confidence, but at the same time, i know its true.
    JMacLover09
    JMacLover09

Number of posts : 1335
    Hobbies : music, movies, hangin' wit friends ... life =)

need cheered up Empty Re: need cheered up

Post  JMacLover09 Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:41 pm

aww, i think i can kind of relate to you in this, though. i just finished my first semester of college (scary! but fun nonetheless!) and i ended up mentally switching majors like 2 times. haha something i never thought i would do. i came in as an English major, with a minor in education for like high schoolers (we have this program called STEP in which you get your masters in ed. in like 5 yrs instead of 4) and while i did end up getting out of that program, cuz teaching was something i never wanted to do - i only did that program for my mom and grandparents - i thought that i would still want to do the english thing, because my ultimate goal is creative writing and writing a book, or editing a book, or like doing something with a book! haha but now - while i am still in the creative writing thing - i think i might switch out of english altogether and major in more of communications or journalism, not sure which yet. i still haven't told my mom or other family members about this descision, but i'm like 85% sure it's gunna happen. haha but luckily, i do have a lot of friends at this school that are all going through the same thing as me, where they're not sure what they really wanna do, cuz i mean we're only freshmen! haha and while, you're a bit older and already kinda stuck in your path, if nursing is soomething you're really passionate about, like i am with my writing, then you should do whatever you can to pursue it! you can't let anyone stand in your way, because at the end of the day it's your life and you need to do what you need to do.

wow. damn! haha i didn't think i'd write that much! that actually felt kinda good, though, but i hope it helped you out!
    and always remember: WWJD (What Would Jesse Do?? haha)
    AngelaJoy

Number of posts : 748
    Hobbies : reading, writing, painting, crocheting

Post  AngelaJoy Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:12 pm

i'm starting to feel a little better about things..
    i wanted to do elementary education from the time i was in kindergarten through senior year in high school. i went to a year of college for that and decided it wasnt what i wanted

i went to a class to be an office nurse (its called a medical assistant) thats just the nurse in a typical doctors office, and i loved it, and thats where i got my love for nursing and going on.
    I'm going back.. hopefully in January. I signed up, talked to my old job since i'll be doing school part time instead of full time, cuz i cant move on to other classes until this one is completed... and i'm gonna go back to my old job part time.
    I'm just kinda bummed that i failed
    but i have sooo much support...parents, teachers, my co workers at my job... they're all nurses, doctors, and receptionists, and they tell me i can do it, and i'll be a good nurse.. one says i already am. its really encouraging.
    JMacLover09
    JMacLover09

Number of posts : 1335
    Hobbies : music, movies, hangin' wit friends ... life =)

Post  JMacLover09 Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:44 pm

AngelaJoy wrote:i'm starting to feel a little better about things..
    i wanted to do elementary education from the time i was in kindergarten through senior year in high school. i went to a year of college for that and decided it wasnt what i wanted

i went to a class to be an office nurse (its called a medical assistant) thats just the nurse in a typical doctors office, and i loved it, and thats where i got my love for nursing and going on.
    I'm going back.. hopefully in January. I signed up, talked to my old job since i'll be doing school part time instead of full time, cuz i cant move on to other classes until this one is completed... and i'm gonna go back to my old job part time.
    I'm just kinda bummed that i failed
    but i have sooo much support...parents, teachers, my co workers at my job... they're all nurses, doctors, and receptionists, and they tell me i can do it, and i'll be a good nurse.. one says i already am. its really encouraging.

good =) i hope everything works out for you in this new year!

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 5:24 am