JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

+2
NikajMac
theone_bettytam
6 posters

Start telling me more about America with this

theone_bettytam
    theone_bettytam

Number of posts : 499

Start telling me more about America with this Empty Start telling me more about America with this

Post  theone_bettytam Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:36 am

Jesse's latest tweet:

Just saw a homelessman face plant on the street.I handed him 20bucks andhe said,"It aint gonna buy new teeth, but it'll pay for a 5th. Haha!
    20 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

So what is a 5th??
    NikajMac
    NikajMac

Number of posts : 937
    Hobbies : singing, dancing, shopping etc ;)

Start telling me more about America with this Empty Re: Start telling me more about America with this

Post  NikajMac Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:43 am

that's what I wondered about too... :-P
    jessefan
    jessefan

Number of posts : 514
    Hobbies : MJ, Jesse McCartney, Guitar and Music

Start telling me more about America with this Empty Re: Start telling me more about America with this

Post  jessefan Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:49 am

NikajMac wrote:that's what I wondered about too... :-P

Me too
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Number of posts : 1499
    Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:00 pm

A 5th is a bottle of alcohol. It's the most common size bottle for hard liqueur, you have the small single shot bottle (for hotel rooms or airplanes) then the 5th, then some come in a half gallon size too. Measurements might be different outside the USA though.
    NikajMac
    NikajMac

Number of posts : 937
    Hobbies : singing, dancing, shopping etc ;)

Post  NikajMac Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:14 pm

babygirl49392 wrote:A 5th is a bottle of alcohol. It's the most common size bottle for hard liqueur, you have the small single shot bottle (for hotel rooms or airplanes) then the 5th, then some come in a half gallon size too. Measurements might be different outside the USA though.

So that homeless guy buys alcohol instead of food or something to wear?! It's really okay that Jesse can laugh about that, but I think that's really stupid.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:34 pm

NikajMac wrote:
    babygirl49392 wrote:A 5th is a bottle of alcohol. It's the most common size bottle for hard liqueur, you have the small single shot bottle (for hotel rooms or airplanes) then the 5th, then some come in a half gallon size too. Measurements might be different outside the USA though.

So that homeless guy buys alcohol instead of food or something to wear?! It's really okay that Jesse can laugh about that, but I think that's really stupid.

Yea, I agree. But that's what most of them do. I guess to just numb the pain of how their lives turned out or something. It's one reason my family always told me that if I was going to help the homeless out, to always bring them food from somewhere instead of just giving them money, because if given the choice they'll buy alcohol or drugs before food everytime.
    JessexBroadway
    JessexBroadway
    Admin

Number of posts : 1754

Post  JessexBroadway Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:27 am

NikajMac wrote:

Most of the homeless people buy alcohol or drugs when people give them money. They are on the streets because of that very reason anyways. Most of them, anyway. Because they're all addicts, and lost everything..
    I know from someone in my family, who did the same thing.. :/ I don't think its really funny, Actually..
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:58 am

JessexBroadway wrote:
    NikajMac wrote:

Most of the homeless people buy alcohol or drugs when people give them money. They are on the streets because of that very reason anyways. Most of them, anyway. Because they're all addicts, and lost everything..
    I know from someone in my family, who did the same thing.. :/ I don't think its really funny, Actually..

Yea, I agree. It's not funny that that's what they will use any money given to them for. But as you said, it's the addiction that got them in that position to begin with, more often than not. But like I mentioned early, that is exactly why I was raised that if you were going to give them anything, to go get them food and give that to them.
    JMacLover09
    JMacLover09

Number of posts : 1335
    Hobbies : music, movies, hangin' wit friends ... life =)

Post  JMacLover09 Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:22 pm

ooh - now i thought it meant a 5th tooth. like, 20 bucks won't pay for a whole new set of teeth, but it'll pay for his 5th ... like, he only had 4 ... then again, you're explaination makes more sense, now that i think about it. haha

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:26 pm