JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

+8
theone_bettytam
jmacfanbd
l0vinxJeSsE
jessecraze
JessexBroadway
ashotofjay
xxGetFreakyxx
JesseFan324
12 posters

Songs Jesse wrote

JesseFan324
    JesseFan324

Number of posts : 18

Songs Jesse wrote Empty Songs Jesse wrote

Post  JesseFan324 Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:33 pm

Does anyone have a complete list of the songs Jesse has wrote or co-wrote, or just a place to find that info out?
    xxGetFreakyxx
    xxGetFreakyxx

Number of posts : 1925

Songs Jesse wrote Empty Re: Songs Jesse wrote

Post  xxGetFreakyxx Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Bleeding love
    Everthing on RWYWM but one song but i forgot which one
    a few on Departure
    Don't Leave- Vanessa Anne Hudgens
    If I were a Boy- Beyonce (i've never heard about that one until just a few seconds ago)
    ashotofjay

Number of posts : 3

Post  ashotofjay Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:09 pm

xxGetFreakyxx wrote:Bleeding love
    Everthing on RWYWM but one song but i forgot which one
    a few on Departure
    Don't Leave- Vanessa Anne Hudgens
    If I were a Boy- Beyonce (i've never heard about that one until just a few seconds ago)

jesse wrote 'if i were a boy' ?!
    where did you see that? l0l

- jenny
    JessexBroadway
    JessexBroadway
    Admin

Number of posts : 1754

Post  JessexBroadway Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:15 pm

HE SERIOUSLY WROTE THAT!?
    jessecraze
    jessecraze

Number of posts : 2003
    Hobbies : Music, writting, comedy, anything to do with Jesse or music...

Post  jessecraze Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:42 pm

HAH If Jesse wrote that, wouldn't we have all been told about it like right away??? (thats big stuff, ya know..) Well Jesse just keep throwing us off guard left and right!!! te he Laughing Wink
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Number of posts : 787

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Jesse wrote/co-wrote She's No You, That Was Then, Get Your Shine On, What's Your Name? All of the songs on RWYWM except for Feelin' You. My Baby, Told You So, Not Your Enemy, Body Language, Oxygen, (bascially the new songs coming out on April 7.) Bleeding Love, Don't Leave, supposedly some for Toni Braxton and Jordin Sparks. I never heard anything about Jesse writing If I Were A Boy! Wow, where did you hear that?

And there was that extremely early song of his that he wrote with the old old band from 2003 called Crowded Town. Was never recorded though.
    jmacfanbd

Number of posts : 83

Post  jmacfanbd Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:25 pm

Jesse didn't write if I were a boy
    theone_bettytam
    theone_bettytam

Number of posts : 499

Post  theone_bettytam Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:40 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:Jesse wrote/co-wrote She's No You, That Was Then, Get Your Shine On, What's Your Name? All of the songs on RWYWM except for Feelin' You. My Baby, Told You So, Not Your Enemy, Body Language, Oxygen, (bascially the new songs coming out on April 7.) Bleeding Love, Don't Leave, supposedly some for Toni Braxton and Jordin Sparks. I never heard anything about Jesse writing If I Were A Boy! Wow, where did you hear that?

And there was that extremely early song of his that he wrote with the old old band from 2003 called Crowded Town. Was never recorded though.

There's another one. SUNSHINE, an unreleased track of Departure.

http://www.ascap.com/ace/search.cfm?requesttimeout=300&mode=results&searchstr=1671786&search_in=c&search_type=exact&search_det=t,s,w,p,b,v&results_pp=20&start=1
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:11 pm

Yeah, I know about Sunshine. :] I love it.
    I just didn't know Jesse co/wrote it? Since he never really spoke of it at all. That's an interesting source. I've never seen that site before. I'm curious as to what Amnesia and Psycho Chick are.
    maralita
    maralita

Number of posts : 74

Post  maralita Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:36 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:Yeah, I know about Sunshine. :] I love it.
    I just didn't know Jesse co/wrote it? Since he never really spoke of it at all. That's an interesting source. I've never seen that site before. I'm curious as to what Amnesia and Psycho Chick are.

i know meee tooo, hmmm were to find those songs....lol
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:58 pm

haha. I know right!
    That site says that Amnesia is sung by Dima Bilan. I've never heard of him before.
    But Jesse did say that he ended up with 100 songs or so (don't know if he was exaggerating or not. lol) for Departure, maybe they were just songs that didn't make the cut?

There has to be demos out there somewhere of Jesse singing them! I mean, Bleeding Love got leaked. lol
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Number of posts : 1499
    Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:08 pm

Yea, It says that Jesse sings the "Psycho Chick". And the other one, "Webspinning", doesn't have any performers yet. I wonder if you can find them on You Tube since we know who sings them? I'm surprised they don't have "Think About It" on the list. I mean, he did co-write it didn't he? Also surprised they don't have "In My Veins", "Body Language", and "Crash and Burn". Yeah, he wrote some with Toni Braxton but I don't think that he has started working with Jordin Sparks yet. At least from the late interview I saw of him he said that he was going to but hasn't yet.

EDIT

Here's the link to Dima Bilan "Amnesia", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQMIaVKUoPM. I really love the beat! And the lyrics are AWESOME! GO JESSE!! Could definitely be another HIT!! But looking on the writer's of it on the ASCAP site, I'm pretty sure that it was another one that was written for Departure since Ryan Tedder also wrote it. And Dima is pretty attractive.

And I couldn't find Jesse singing "Psycho Chick".
    esmeralda06
    esmeralda06

Number of posts : 306
    Hobbies : Surfing the web, making people laugh and having fun

Post  esmeralda06 Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:58 am

Wow, thank you ladies for the info Smile
    theone_bettytam
    theone_bettytam

Number of posts : 499

Post  theone_bettytam Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:38 am

babygirl49392 wrote:Yea, It says that Jesse sings the "Psycho Chick". And the other one, "Webspinning", doesn't have any performers yet. I wonder if you can find them on You Tube since we know who sings them? I'm surprised they don't have "Think About It" on the list. I mean, he did co-write it didn't he? Also surprised they don't have "In My Veins", "Body Language", and "Crash and Burn". Yeah, he wrote some with Toni Braxton but I don't think that he has started working with Jordin Sparks yet. At least from the late interview I saw of him he said that he was going to but hasn't yet.

EDIT

Here's the link to Dima Bilan "Amnesia", https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQMIaVKUoPM. I really love the beat! And the lyrics are AWESOME! GO JESSE!! Could definitely be another HIT!! But looking on the writer's of it on the ASCAP site, I'm pretty sure that it was another one that was written for Departure since Ryan Tedder also wrote it. And Dima is pretty attractive.

Well I heard that ASCAP is an official organization that allows song writers to register what they've written. So I guess there are at least two reasons for some songs written by Jesse aren't on the list. Either he didn't register or he registered elsewhere.

Though the website doesn't have all the information and isn't being updated frequently, it's useful for reference and I can find something I don't know sometimes. ^^
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Number of posts : 1499
    Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:29 am

theone_bettytam wrote:
    babygirl49392 wrote:Yea, It says that Jesse sings the "Psycho Chick". And the other one, "Webspinning", doesn't have any performers yet. I wonder if you can find them on You Tube since we know who sings them? I'm surprised they don't have "Think About It" on the list. I mean, he did co-write it didn't he? Also surprised they don't have "In My Veins", "Body Language", and "Crash and Burn". Yeah, he wrote some with Toni Braxton but I don't think that he has started working with Jordin Sparks yet. At least from the late interview I saw of him he said that he was going to but hasn't yet.

EDIT

Well I heard that ASCAP is an official organization that allows song writers to register what they've written. So I guess there are at least two reasons for some songs written by Jesse aren't on the list. Either he didn't register or he registered elsewhere.

Though the website doesn't have all the information and isn't being updated frequently, it's useful for reference and I can find something I don't know sometimes. ^^

I know all that. The ASCAP's also have their own awards every year, they just aren't broadcasted on TV. Taylor Swift won last year for writing "Teardrops on my Guitar". ASCAP helps the srtists get writing credit when someone records their song, if they don't want to themselves. I was just saying that I thought he wrote "Think About It' but I've never heard that he did or that he didn't. As for the Toni Braxton songs, he has been busy, so he might not have had the time to register them yet, or it could have happened after the last site update. Anything is possible.
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:23 pm

EDIT

Ah! Yes, I looked the song up yesterday and I thought it was really good.
    God, I wish Jesse would have put these songs on the album, I'm sure the other ones are just as good. He's really an awesome songwriter. I'd love to hear the demo of him singing Amnesia if he even recorded it. I think you're right about it being for Departure because Jesse did say he wrote a couple songs with Ryan Tedder.

Last edited by l0vinxJeSsE on Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JesseMacDeparture
    JesseMacDeparture

Number of posts : 454
    Hobbies : Gaming (Xbox 360), reading, video editing

Post  JesseMacDeparture Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:20 pm

This is all I know:

Right Where You Want Me (co-wrote): All except "Feelin' You"
    Beautiful Soul (co-wrote): "What's Your Name," "Get Your Shine On," "She's No You," & "That Was Then"
    Departure (co-wrote): "My Baby," "Told You So," "Oxygen," "Bleeding Love," "Body Language," "In My Viens," "Crash & Burn," and I think I read somewhere that he co-wrote "Think About It"

------
    Apparently, he co-wrote all of the songs on Toni Braxton's upcoming album.
    He co-wrote, 4 or 5 songs for Ashley Tisdale's upcoming album.
    He's talking about writing some songs for Jordin Sparks, he also said he talked to Kevin (Jonas), about writing songs for the Jonas Brothers.
    Also, possibly writing other songs for Leona Lewis and upcoming 'American Idols'
    xxGetFreakyxx
    xxGetFreakyxx

Number of posts : 1925

Post  xxGetFreakyxx Tue Mar 17, 2009 3:35 pm

im not sure about If I Were Boy i looked up "Songs Jesse McCartney wrote" and that came up i dont think so its true but i put it and maybe someone would know for sure
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:50 pm

JesseMacDeparture wrote:This is all I know:

Beautiful Soul (co-wrote): "What's Your Name," "Get Your Shine On," "She's No You," & "That Was Then"
    Departure (co-wrote): "My Baby," "Told You So," "Oxygen," "Bleeding Love," "Body Language," "In My Viens," "Crash & Burn," and I think I read somewhere that he co-wrote "Think About It"

------
    He's talking about writing some songs for Jordin Sparks, he also said he talked to Kevin (Jonas), about writing songs for the Jonas Brothers.
    Also, possibly writing other songs for Leona Lewis and upcoming 'American Idols'

Wow, he co-wrote all of the songs on Toni Braxton's album? I knew he was writing for her but I didn't hear that one! That's totally awesome if he did! I'll def. be checking out her album. :] I heard he was doing a duet with Toni on the album too?
    JesseMacDeparture
    JesseMacDeparture

Number of posts : 454
    Hobbies : Gaming (Xbox 360), reading, video editing

Post  JesseMacDeparture Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:54 am

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:
    JesseMacDeparture wrote:This is all I know:

------

Wow, he co-wrote all of the songs on Toni Braxton's album? I knew he was writing for her but I didn't hear that one! That's totally awesome if he did! I'll def. be checking out her album. :] I heard he was doing a duet with Toni on the album too?

WOW! A duet? That'd be cool! I'm not sure if he co-wrote all the songs on her album, he said he just finished up her album, so maybe he did.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:55 am