JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

5 posters

Body Langauge coming mid-August

JesseMacDeparture
    JesseMacDeparture

Number of posts : 454
    Hobbies : Gaming (Xbox 360), reading, video editing

Body Langauge coming mid-August Empty Body Langauge coming mid-August

Post  JesseMacDeparture Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:12 pm

Jesse posted a blog today:

Hey gang- hoping we can count on your help to share the widget below on Twitter (now and this coming Monday)...with all your followers. BODY LANGUAGE (video and official single and remix w/T-Pain) coming mid August-but in the meantime....appreciate your help in posting the widget below to your MySpace, Facebook and Twitter profiles...and specifically, @ Twitter, include the following:

#musicmonday, #bodylanguage, @jessemccartney, #jessemccartney
    RETWEET THIS TO EVERYONE...

http://twiturm.com/2t06

Can't wait for the video! Very Happy Body Langauge coming mid-August 414387 Very Happy
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Number of posts : 787

Body Langauge coming mid-August Empty Re: Body Langauge coming mid-August

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:24 pm

That's ridiculous. That single should have been out a month ago along with the video. They were too busy promoting Demi Lavato and Mitchel Musso to even give two *beeps*. Please. Then again, kinda Jesse's fault for not putting his foot down.

Anyway, really excited though! Hope the video is creative and not filled with a bunch of half naked women.
    JesseMacDeparture
    JesseMacDeparture

Post  JesseMacDeparture Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:09 am

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:That's ridiculous. That single should have been out a month ago along with the video. They were too busy promoting Demi Lavato and Mitchel Musso to even give two *beeps*. Please. Then again, kinda Jesse's fault for not putting his foot down.

Anyway, really excited though! Hope the video is creative and not filled with a bunch of half naked women.

Yeah, I don't quite understand why Hollywood Records focuses most of their attention on promoting the Jonas Bros & Miley, I mean c'mon, do they really need it? It's weird, to me, they promote the people that are crazy-popular, and can't really sing, and don't do a great job on promoting people that do 'need' the promotion and CAN sing, aka Jesse & Demi Lovato.

Jesse is popular, but he has so much potential to be MORE popular.
    I'm sure he's said something to them. I think once his contract is up, he should sign with Jive! I'm sure they'd love to have him!

Really quick, my opinion on Demi Lovato:
    She is hella good and if Hollywood Records would take the time to promote her and not "Demi Lovato...AND the Jonas Brothers" (I mean seriously, she's always, ALWAYS, linked to them, I'm sure that gets annoying) she would be way more popular than she is and have a radio hit. Just had to vent that, lol.

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG!
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:19 am

JesseMacDeparture wrote:
    l0vinxJeSsE wrote:That's ridiculous. That single should have been out a month ago along with the video. They were too busy promoting Demi Lavato and Mitchel Musso to even give two *beeps*. Please. Then again, kinda Jesse's fault for not putting his foot down.

Yeah, I don't quite understand why Hollywood Records focuses most of their attention on promoting the Jonas Bros & Miley, I mean c'mon, do they really need it? It's weird, to me, they promote the people that are crazy-popular, and can't really sing, and don't do a great job on promoting people that do 'need' the promotion and CAN sing, aka Jesse & Demi Lovato.

Jesse is popular, but he has so much potential to be MORE popular.
    I'm sure he's said something to them. I think once his contract is up, he should sign with Jive! I'm sure they'd love to have him!

Really quick, my opinion on Demi Lovato:
    She is hella good and if Hollywood Records would take the time to promote her and not "Demi Lovato...AND the Jonas Brothers" (I mean seriously, she's always, ALWAYS, linked to them, I'm sure that gets annoying) she would be way more popular than she is and have a radio hit. Just had to vent that, lol.

SORRY THIS IS SO LONG!

As far as I know, they ARE promoting Demi Lavato. I've seen a commercial for her album just about every day lately and I've seen ads on some websites and itunes. Jesse got maybe two commercials all together and no internet ads. He gets no promotion, Demi is getting some.

They focus on Miley and Jonas because they're targeted towards their demographic, young kids. Jesse's music isn't for their targeted audience anymore.

I agree. Jesse could be a lot more popular than he is now and he has that potential.
    esmeralda06
    esmeralda06

Number of posts : 306
    Hobbies : Surfing the web, making people laugh and having fun

Post  esmeralda06 Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:00 am

Sorry to interfere in this but I agree. These people seriously need to stop promoting the same celebs. I mean I like them all but Jesse deserves way more than what he's getting credit for. He's so talented and well hopefully HR sees that before it's too late. Although it would be better if Jesse did sign a contract with Jive. Jive is somewhat better because they don't focus on the same celebs.
    HR focuses on JB, Miley, Demi, and Selena. Come on there are more talents out there that need to shine and be heard.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Number of posts : 1499
    Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:22 am

Yea, but I don't know. From everything I've heard, Jive is not as good as they were 7-8 years ago though, so they might not even be the best place for him. But really, isn't the only thing that matters is that Jesse is happy? And he really seems to still be happy with HR, so for me that is all that matters.
    esmeralda06
    esmeralda06

Post  esmeralda06 Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Really? Jive used to be one of the best. It is true though as long as Jesse is happy then his fans are happy. Now that I think about it, the way things are now are much better. It's nice to attend a concert with a small crowd and hear him perform then to attend a concert with a large crowd and only being able to hear all the fans yelling. Didn't Jesse say on that JTV interview that he prefers to perform on small crowds and do acoustics rather than performing for big crowds. Anyways, as long as he's happy then it's all good.
    JesseMacDeparture
    JesseMacDeparture

Post  JesseMacDeparture Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:21 pm

babygirl49392 wrote:Yea, but I don't know. From everything I've heard, Jive is not as good as they were 7-8 years ago though, so they might not even be the best place for him. But really, isn't the only thing that matters is that Jesse is happy? And he really seems to still be happy with HR, so for me that is all that matters.

True...as he's happy, I'm happy. Though, I don't like HR much.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:33 pm

esmeralda06 wrote:Really? Jive used to be one of the best. It is true though as long as Jesse is happy then his fans are happy. Now that I think about it, the way things are now are much better. It's nice to attend a concert with a small crowd and hear him perform then to attend a concert with a large crowd and only being able to hear all the fans yelling. Didn't Jesse say on that JTV interview that he prefers to perform on small crowds and do acoustics rather than performing for big crowds. Anyways, as long as he's happy then it's all good.

Yea, I know. If you wanted to be anyone, you wanted to be on Jive, but not so much anymore. Though I have no idea what really happened, I just know that it's gone downhill. But yes, he said that he prefers smaller crowds. And as long as there are small crowds, he can do meet and greets. If he got too popular, he wouldn't be able to anymore. I mean Britney, Justin, 'NSync - before the completely blew up and then split, used to do m&gs as often as Jesse does now. Then they got to like superstardom status and can't do them anymore. And also, think about all the freedom he has right now with making his music. He gets to choose who he wants to work with, write with - the even let him write his own stuff, and the allow him to take his time and to record when he's ready to make more music. They are very flexible with him doing more than just music. And if he was to switch to another label, he would lose a lot of that, at least until he 'proved' himself to be good at it and really worth the money they put into him. Every label is like that when they get a new artist, whether it's someone who's been around for a while or not. So, I really think that HR is where Jesse will be happiest, at least for now.
    esmeralda06
    esmeralda06

Post  esmeralda06 Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:22 pm

Oh my goodness! You knocked some sense into my head. That's so true. It's better to have a career like Jesse's where he is well known an he could still bond with fans on m&g. With other celebs ie. JB I've been told that their m&g aren't worth it because there is no bonding time. It's just hi, scribble scrabble, flash, I blinked... Too bad, and bye. Plus, on radio contests it's easier to win tickets. Back on Feb. 20 my local radio station was giving away a pair of tickets to Jesse's concert. I started dialing right away with both my Mom's and my phone. I felt like I was the only one trying to win the tickets. After my fifth attempt and went through again and was the winning number. It was the best day of my life.

Thank you for knocking that sense into my head. I sometimes... Well more like usually need that little knocking sense into my brain so thanks :-)
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:42 pm

babygirl49392 wrote:

Yea, I know. If you wanted to be anyone, you wanted to be on Jive, but not so much anymore. Though I have no idea what really happened, I just know that it's gone downhill. But yes, he said that he prefers smaller crowds. And as long as there are small crowds, he can do meet and greets. If he got too popular, he wouldn't be able to anymore. I mean Britney, Justin, 'NSync - before the completely blew up and then split, used to do m&gs as often as Jesse does now. Then they got to like superstardom status and can't do them anymore. And also, think about all the freedom he has right now with making his music. He gets to choose who he wants to work with, write with - the even let him write his own stuff, and the allow him to take his time and to record when he's ready to make more music. They are very flexible with him doing more than just music. And if he was to switch to another label, he would lose a lot of that, at least until he 'proved' himself to be good at it and really worth the money they put into him. Every label is like that when they get a new artist, whether it's someone who's been around for a while or not. So, I really think that HR is where Jesse will be happiest, at least for now.

Yeah, then explain why most of Jive's artists are all huge and sell a million albums? Because they support all of their artists. Hollywood records does not give the same amount of support to Jesse than they do to the Jonas Brothers. He doesn't target towards their audience therefore they don't care. And yes, it's nice that he can do meet and greets and we can get more personal with him but because he gets such little support, his music career will eventually fade. I don't know about you, but I really want Jesse to stay successful and keep making great music for us. If he wants to keep doing that for us, he would find a better label that will support him fairly. Hollywood Records artists don't have as much of a promising career. Hilary Duff got no support from them and look what happened to Right Where You Want Me. They simply did not care.

Plus, if Jesse truly cares for his fans, he will find a way to meet us and all that. It doesn't hurt to stop for a couple hugs and autographs you know. It's nice that he does meet and greets and I love that he's able to do them and such but I want Jesse to have at least a decent musical career to where he can keep making hit records for the years to come. Departure isn't even a gold album. How sad is that? It's a great album with no promotion. Jesse puts all this hard work and effort into these albums and they don't even get heard. Just by us, his small fanbase of actual loyal fans. But later on in his career, that won't help him. I fear his musical career fading out because I really do love his music and I think he's one of the most underrated talents of this generation. If he continues to stay with HR and get little to no promotion or support from them, then he will continue to stay that way; underrated.

Also, because of his old "Disney Image" it's still hard for some people to take him seriously. If he was on a more serious and professional label rather than a Disney label he would be taken a lot more seriously as an artist.
    esmeralda06
    esmeralda06

Post  esmeralda06 Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:06 pm

Well I think that his career will fade and be gone whenever the fans stop supporting him. I don't know how this whole thing works but as long as he's happy and enjoys doing what he does then it's all good to me.
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:44 pm

esmeralda06 wrote:Well I think that his career will fade and be gone whenever the fans stop supporting him. I don't know how this whole thing works but as long as he's happy and enjoys doing what he does then it's all good to me.

Jesse doesn't have a stable fanbase. No artist does. He will gain fans and he will lose them. But if people don't even know he has music out there his music won't be bought. Therefore he won't make music if nobody is buying. I know tons of people who had no idea that Jesse McCartney was still making music. If his albums aren't selling there's no point to touring either. He'll never get a legit tour where he can perform for fans who want to see him all throughout the world. He'll be stuck doing things like Six Flags. I don't even have a six flags in my state as well as many other states and I really wanted to see Jesse on stage for more than 20 minutes.
    I want him to be happy too but he won't be happy when he has no music career...and we know that he loves making music.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:52 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:
    babygirl49392 wrote:

Yeah, then explain why most of Jive's artists are all huge and sell a million albums? Because they support all of their artists. Hollywood records does not give the same amount of support to Jesse than they do to the Jonas Brothers. He doesn't target towards their audience therefore they don't care. And yes, it's nice that he can do meet and greets and we can get more personal with him but because he gets such little support, his music career will eventually fade. I don't know about you, but I really want Jesse to stay successful and keep making great music for us. If he wants to keep doing that for us, he would find a better label that will support him fairly. Hollywood Records artists don't have as much of a promising career. Hilary Duff got no support from them and look what happened to Right Where You Want Me. They simply did not care.

Plus, if Jesse truly cares for his fans, he will find a way to meet us and all that. It doesn't hurt to stop for a couple hugs and autographs you know. It's nice that he does meet and greets and I love that he's able to do them and such but I want Jesse to have at least a decent musical career to where he can keep making hit records for the years to come. Departure isn't even a gold album. How sad is that? It's a great album with no promotion. Jesse puts all this hard work and effort into these albums and they don't even get heard. Just by us, his small fanbase of actual loyal fans. But later on in his career, that won't help him. I fear his musical career fading out because I really do love his music and I think he's one of the most underrated talents of this generation. If he continues to stay with HR and get little to no promotion or support from them, then he will continue to stay that way; underrated.

Also, because of his old "Disney Image" it's still hard for some people to take him seriously. If he was on a more serious and professional label rather than a Disney label he would be taken a lot more seriously as an artist.

Yes, but honestly, how many artists still get to gold, let alone platinum status on actual record sales nowadays? Everything is so electronic now, that downloads is where the money is now. It's just so hard for even the best artists to get great record sales that were easily achieved in one day only like 5 years ago. And yes it'd be great for Jesse to get another gold record and definitely a platinum record. But until they change it to include downloads sales in that, it just might not be possible to them. And I was never defending HR with their promoting, or lack thereof, of him. I agree, they could do a lot more to promote him. But at least he's able to have the freedom every artist dreams of, to still get out the and tout as much as he has since Departure was released, and make the videos. So, they still care enough to give him the money to do all that. And again, I'm happy as long as he's happy! And he knows and recognizes that it might not last. And he's cool with that. ("I'm giving them all that I have, and if that's not enough, then sorry, I'm out of the game. I'll do my own thing--I'll make movies, I'll direct, I'll go to college. I'll do this as long as I can and as successfully as I can with a lot of joy and pride.") And plus you just got to recognize that he has been able to release 3 albums, and re-release 1 of them, when there are a ton of artists that never get to record more than one. And remember slow and steady really does win the race. I mean think of all the artists that get so big so fast, they usually barely last like 5 years. So, at least he's already beat that and is still going strong and just getting hotter and better. But again, I truly believe that as long as Jesse's happy where he is, we should be happy too.

esmeralda06 wrote:Well I think that his career will fade and be gone whenever the fans stop supporting him. I don't know how this whole thing works but as long as he's happy and enjoys doing what he does then it's all good to me.

Yes, I agree. As long as he has fans, he'll still have a career. And he has said that as long as we are still there and support him then he will continue to doing what he loves and will always have a career. I'm the same way too. Just as long as he's happy, I'm happy and we should all be happy that he is happy.
    JesseMAC22
    JesseMAC22

Number of posts : 197

Post  JesseMAC22 Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:05 pm

Jesse's Bulletin Post:
    Date: Jul 19, 2009 4:07 PM

Subject: re:TWEET THIS ON TWITTER-BODY LANGUAGE TOP TOPICS MUSIC MON.

Body: Hey guys- hope you're all havin a great weekend...and continued thanks for spreading the love for BODY LANGUAGE. Reminder that TOMORROW- Monday at Twitter- we want to hit the Top Trending Topics, and appreciate everyone RTing the widget and tweet below (and pls feel free to tweet this starting now if you'd like, and as often as you want). Grab extra code by clicking on SHARE..thnx xx00

#BodyLanguage, #JesseMcCartney, @jessemccartney, #musicmonday
    .."that thing you got behind you is AMAZING...;"...RETWEET THIS:

http://twiturm.com/2t06

I've been busy promoting the remix! Whoever has twitter on here, RT this!!!!!
    esmeralda06
    esmeralda06

Post  esmeralda06 Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Wait, so the iTunes downloads don't count? Or where you alking about ilegal downloading? I haven't heard of anyone going platinum except for like JB but that's because they have young fans who will beg their parents to buy them stuff. Though they have older fans as well. The point is that it's true, when someone gets famous right away they won't last long. Let's take Britney and Nsync. Britney was famous but nit as much as the guys. Nsync were like super famous from '98- '01 and after that they went downhill. Britney on the other hand started around the same time and she still going on and about. Anyways, I'm sticking with my opinion as long as Jesse is happy I'm happy.
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:37 pm

babygirl49392 wrote:Yes, but honestly, how many artists still get to gold, let alone platinum status on actual record sales nowadays? Everything is so electronic now, that downloads is where the money is now. It's just so hard for even the best artists to get great record sales that were easily achieved in one day only like 5 years ago. And yes it'd be great for Jesse to get another gold record and definitely a platinum record. But until they change it to include downloads sales in that, it just might not be possible to them.

I could name a good deal of artists who still get gold and platinum albums. I'm not talking about older artists like Madonna either, I'm talking artists of this time. Most artists on a good label have platinum albums. And are digital sales included in that too? It still counts as buying the album...so I like to assume that it does count. Britney Spears is a Jive artist and she's sold millions of albums as well as a few other Jive artists.
    As far as people like Justin and Britney not getting the privilege to meet their fans...I hate to say it but I doubt somebody like Justin even cares. From what I've heard he's a major jerk to his fans and tells them to F off all the time. If they cared for their fans, they'd take the time to stop for them.

And plus you just got to recognize that he has been able to release 3 albums, and re-release 1 of them, when there are a ton of artists that never get to record more than one.

We all know the reason he re-released was because the original Departure wasn't selling.

I mean think of all the artists that get so big so fast, they usually barely last like 5 years.

Sadly, that did happen to Jesse remember? Back when Beautiful Soul released, they actually did something because he was the "it thing" just like the Jonas Brothers and Miley are now. Jesse fell terribly after that but did an amazing job at pulling himself out of that hole and he's doing great. After Beautiful Soul it's almost like he crawled in a hole for 3 years and then busted out and blew everybody away. Obviously didn't blow too many people away though if the album barely sold 300,000. We don't know if Jesse is truly happy with the way his record deal promotes him. I doubt he is since they don't do jack for him. Although I do agree that he is happy to be back on stage performing for both large and small crowds.

As far as touring..he's only toured in a few cities in the US and goes back to the same cities all the time (Ex. Chicago, Boston). Now he's doing this six flags business. When do the other fans get the chance to see him? The no talents like Miley, Jonas, Demi, they all get to go on these world tours all over the world to perform for their fans and Jesse gets...six flags and a 20 minute opening spot for a washed up boy band (no offense to NKOTB or the fans, they were amazing. I enjoyed them. Don't get me wrong). At the end of the day, I'd feel pretty crappy thinking about it that way because that's how it is. Yeah, he's performing and you can tell he really loves it and is happy but you can't tell me that he wouldn't be just the slightest bit ticked off that his label isn't supporting him the way they should be. I think anybody would be.

Anyway, Body Language will do amazingly well. A lot of people love the song, whether it's the remix or original. I have a great feeling about it. I smell another #1 hit for Jesse.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:13 am