JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

2 posters

NKOTB Full Service Set List

babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Number of posts : 1499
    Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

NKOTB Full Service Set List Empty NKOTB Full Service Set List

Post  babygirl49392 Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:29 pm

I remember seeing someone ask about their set list, but I couldn't remember the thread it was in, so I'm starting this one with the set list. So, here it goes, for all who were curious.

Full Service
    Summertime
    My Favorite Girl
    You Got It (The Right Stuff)
    Didn't I (Blow Your Mind)
    Valentine Girl
    Please Don't Go Girl
    Dirty Dancing
    Games
    Stare At You
    Single
    Sexify My Love
    Video Interlude - The Unofficially 'Twisted' Video
    Stay With Me Baby
    Jordan Knight Solo - Give It To You (Featuring the Jabbawockeez)
    New Kids On The Block Rap
    Popsicle
    5 Bros and a Million Sisters
    Tonight
    Click Click Click
    I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
    One Song
    Step By Step
    Hangin' Tough

So, seeing as I went to their last tour, last year, this is a different set list, it has 8 songs that they didn't do then. Some of which are my faves-Popsicle, Stare At You, and Full Service. But that also means they had to get rid of some songs-If You Go Away (which is my all time fave NKOTB song), Grown Man, 2 In The Morning, and Baby I Believe In You. And neither is Cover Girl, which is Donnie's solo, at least it was on the tour last year. But such is life. They have so many new and old hits, there's now way to perform them all, I understand that. But still. It seems like it will be an absolutely AWESOMELY AMAZING show! And having Jesse and the Jabbawockeez open, just make it that much more AMAZING!!

Also, side note, if your curious about the 'original' set list, it's also listed at this source, so just click the link below. Very Happy

Source: NKOTB Wikipedia
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Number of posts : 787

NKOTB Full Service Set List Empty Re: NKOTB Full Service Set List

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:38 pm

Thanks!
    I'm seeing them tonight and I only know like 4 songs on that list. I feel bad. I was trying to listen to a few before and I really like their songs. They're pretty awesome.

So I'm excited to see the show. :]
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:32 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:Thanks!
    I'm seeing them tonight and I only know like 4 songs on that list. I feel bad. I was trying to listen to a few before and I really like their songs. They're pretty awesome.

So I'm excited to see the show. :]

You're welcome. They put on a GREAT show. And their intermission, at least on the last tour, isn't as long as most acts. Which is surprising since they are at least 10 years old than the other acts I've seen. lol. And I believe that you can find all of these song in some form on You Tube. btw. Wink
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:08 pm

I absolutely LOVE the songs You Got It (The Right Stuff), Please Don't Go Girl, and Dirty Dancing! When I heard them last night I was like, "omg, I love these songs!" haha I just put them on my ipod this morning.
    Awesome, awesome show. They were great for "old men" hahaha.

I don't know any of their names, but one of the members were like in the audience (in the isle) singing, "Single." I didn't know what he was standing on, if it was a platform or a chair or whatever. But I got a good picture of him in his beater. lol. He was like 3 rows up from me.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:42 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:I absolutely LOVE the songs You Got It (The Right Stuff), Please Don't Go Girl, and Dirty Dancing! When I heard them last night I was like, "omg, I love these songs!" haha I just put them on my ipod this morning.
    Awesome, awesome show. They were great for "old men" hahaha.

I don't know any of their names, but one of the members were like in the audience (in the isle) singing, "Single." I didn't know what he was standing on, if it was a platform or a chair or whatever. But I got a good picture of him in his beater. lol. He was like 3 rows up from me.

Yea, they are even better now then back then. The music, their dancing and singing. Even their looks are better than back then.

Joey McIntyre (He's the youngest at 36):

Then-NKOTB Full Service Set List Mcintyre006t

Now-NKOTB Full Service Set List 250px-Joey1

Jordan Knight (39):

Then-NKOTB Full Service Set List JORDAN9_small

Now-NKOTB Full Service Set List Jordan_knight_grande4

Donnie Wahlberg (39):

Then-NKOTB Full Service Set List DonnieJacket

Now-NKOTB Full Service Set List Normal_005

Danny Wood (40):

Then-NKOTB Full Service Set List Danny

Now-NKOTB Full Service Set List Danny%20Wood%200439

Jon Knight (Jordan's brother and the oldest at 40):

Then-NKOTB Full Service Set List Jonathan

Now-NKOTB Full Service Set List Jonathan_knight_of_new_kids_on_the_block_2187042

Group:

First album cover (Joey was 12 or 13)-NKOTB Full Service Set List 0000002204-article

Later-NKOTB Full Service Set List 08-04-08%20New%20Kids

Now-NKOTB Full Service Set List 08-04-08%20New%20Kids%20On%20The%20Block
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:03 pm

Danny Wood was the one in the audience! haha.

And wow, Joey is CUTE.
    I really enjoyed them, they had awesome interaction with the crowd and the fans, I got a kick out of. Especially the older women around their age because they were freaking out like little teenage girls! It was fun though.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:12 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:Danny Wood was the one in the audience! haha.

And wow, Joey is CUTE.
    I really enjoyed them, they had awesome interaction with the crowd and the fans, I got a kick out of. Especially the older women around their age because they were freaking out like little teenage girls! It was fun though.

Yea, the ones that invented the word 'teenybobber.' lol. Yea, they really are great performers. It's pretty funny though, they all have kids except Jon and he's the oldest. And they are all married, except for Donnie. He had a bad divorce in 2007, and that's when he started messing around with music again and came across the song Click Click Click, and he immediately thought it would be good for them as NKOTB again, so he sent the other guys a text saying 'It's on', which is what the text in the Summertime video was supposed to say but they got it wrong in post-production. haha. Anyway, and once they all heard the song, they agreed that they could do this and have a reunion. Though it was never meant to be a full on come back, that happened strictly because the fans got behind them 210%!

But yea, Joey is cute. They all are. Joey was my fave back when I was 4 and 5. Mostly just because he was the one closest to my age. lol. But now, I really like Donnie. There's just something about the fact that you will almost never see him wearing anything except Adidas shoes and a Boston hat. haha.
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:39 pm

babygirl49392 wrote:
    l0vinxJeSsE wrote:Danny Wood was the one in the audience! haha.

And wow, Joey is CUTE.

Yea, the ones that invented the word 'teenybobber.' lol. Yea, they really are great performers. It's pretty funny though, they all have kids except Jon and he's the oldest. And they are all married, except for Donnie. He had a bad divorce in 2007, and that's when he started messing around with music again and came across the song Click Click Click, and he immediately thought it would be good for them as NKOTB again, so he sent the other guys a text saying 'It's on', which is what the text in the Summertime video was supposed to say but they got it wrong in post-production. haha. Anyway, and once they all heard the song, they agreed that they could do this and have a reunion. Though it was never meant to be a full on come back, that happened strictly because the fans got behind them 210%!

But yea, Joey is cute. They all are. Joey was my fave back when I was 4 and 5. Mostly just because he was the one closest to my age. lol. But now, I really like Donnie. There's just something about the fact that you will almost never see him wearing anything except Adidas shoes and a Boston hat. haha.

haha by "invented" do you mean they actually used that word themselves to describe their fans? Or was that just what the media or people called them? That's interesting. lol.

How did the group come together? They looked pretty young when they first started out. Were they all friends and decided they wanted to be in a band? Or was it kind of like the process with Dream Street where they had to audition and stuff?

That's great they were able to make a comeback. They were out in like what, the late 80's? And awee, you were only 5!? That's so cute! :]
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:06 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:

haha by "invented" do you mean they actually used that word themselves to describe their fans? Or was that just what the media or people called them? That's interesting. lol.

How did the group come together? They looked pretty young when they first started out. Were they all friends and decided they wanted to be in a band? Or was it kind of like the process with Dream Street where they had to audition and stuff?

That's great they were able to make a comeback. They were out in like what, the late 80's? And awee, you were only 5!? That's so cute! :]

No, it's when the media came up with the term for the crazy obsessed fans that they had/have. lol. They call their fans Blockheads. haha.

Well, originally, they held auditions around Boston for it. Some like 500 teenaged boys auditioned. Donnie was the first member and was only 15. Then he assisted in recruiting the other members. He originally recruited his younger brother Mark, yes the actor from Shooter but was first a part of Marky Mark in the mid '90s, and his best friend, Danny. He also convinced Jordan, who was an old school mate, into auditioning too. With Jordan getting accepted into the group, they accepted his older brother Jon too. Once the group started taking shape, Mark opted out, not liking the 'bubble gum' direction. Another of Donnie's friends, Jaime Kelley took his place but he was eventually dismissed because of his lack of discipline and concentration. Their producer/manager Maurice Starr replaced him with Joey, who was only 11, because he wanted a 'Michael Jackson-esque' singer for the high solos. All the guys originally resented him too because he replaced their friend. The debut album was a bust, but the followed up with Hangin' Tough, which soared them to super stardom, and brought sales up for the debut album. They were formed in '84, debut album released in '86, and disbanded in '94. I was born in '85. lol.

For the whole, detailed story, you can read it here.

Also, Danny, Joey, and Jordan all released solo albums. In the late '90s, early 2000s. Joey went and did some Broadway and did Dancing With The Stars, Danny did mostly producing, Donnie went into acting, Jon has his own real estate company, and Jordan stuck to singing/songwriting.

Last edited by babygirl49392 on Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:16 pm

I really recommend buying their new cd, The Block, as well as their Greatest hits cd. But then, for me anyway, I feel that having Angel, Popsicle, Call It What You Want, and Happy Birthday To you to have a complete NKOTB song list. lol.
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:14 pm

Wow! Thanks for filling me in on that. Smile
    That's really interesting how they went through so many different kids. I read about the lip-syncing thing. That really sucks! All because of ONE guy who made that assumption? Almost all artist these days use back trackings, even the old singers from back then.

Their split is understandable though. Lose one member, you lose the whole band. And record sales...
    How well did their recent album sell? I'll consider buying it when I get some more money. I'm basically broke right now. lol.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:47 pm

l0vinxJeSsE wrote:Wow! Thanks for filling me in on that. Smile
    That's really interesting how they went through so many different kids. I read about the lip-syncing thing. That really sucks! All because of ONE guy who made that assumption? Almost all artist these days use back trackings, even the old singers from back then.

Their split is understandable though. Lose one member, you lose the whole band. And record sales...
    How well did their recent album sell? I'll consider buying it when I get some more money. I'm basically broke right now. lol.

You're welcome. It got to number 2 on the Billboard 200, debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Pop Album chart, and sold 100,000 copies in it's first week. i can't find a final sales tally. It's definitely worth buying and definitely worth getting the deluxe edition too. They also have another bonus song that you can only by on itunes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 9:34 am