JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

4 posters

What makes me love his 2nd Album

theone_bettytam
    theone_bettytam

Number of posts : 499

What makes me love his 2nd Album Empty What makes me love his 2nd Album

Post  theone_bettytam Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:46 pm

I've been planning on how to post it for quite a few days. It's difficult for me to use English to express things like that, when English is not my mother language.

Well, we have to admit that "Right Where You Want Me" experienced "sophomore slump". While everyone's doing R&B, Jesse's doing Pop Rock. Even some of Jesse's fans said the album is awkward. On the contrary, the is a memorable album to me,

because, 1st, this is my first Jesse's album.
    My first Jesse's song is "Beacuse You Live", anyone could expect that. It did take me some time to digest RWYWM. The first time I heard it, I don't like it at all. What's interesting was that it kept pull me in. I kind of like went back to it and heard for three or four times, helplessly. And at the end I found it unbelievably great. It's like magic.

2nd, the album is so not Jesse.
    You never expect Jesse to rock, when you are still sticking to "Beautiful Soul". People say Jesse simply can't rock. His voice is unconfortable and weird or something like that. But that's what makes this album unique, makes it special. I bet you'll never have a chance to hear him rock again in the foreseeable future. Jesse belongs to soul and R&B. I don't think he'll go back to rock again. That's why this album is remarkable.

3rd, the album is at the same time so Jesse.
    He wrote 11 out of 12 songs on RWYWM. Just like he said, it was like a music puberty. Maybe the songs are simple, the lyrics are typical. But they're all Jesse. That was what he was thinking at the age of 18. This album marked his growth. It is original and we can actually feel it.

lastly, it's because of the song "Invincible".
    I always like song like these. I mean, music is not just about relationship between males and females. It's about life, family and friends. I really love this song. And I certainty hope to hear more songs not about love in the future from Jesse.

Just some thoughts ^^
    JMacLover09
    JMacLover09

Number of posts : 1335
    Hobbies : music, movies, hangin' wit friends ... life =)

What makes me love his 2nd Album Empty Re: What makes me love his 2nd Album

Post  JMacLover09 Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:57 pm

i'm actually glad you posted a topic about this, because i was one of those people to call him out as playing it safe and just going along with whatever his record company told him to do (which he did, obviously), without really seeming true to himself. and i think that's why i do not like the RWYWM album that much; it's just NOT Jesse, even though you say he did write 11 of the 12 songs. i do also agree with you, in that this was his "music puberty" (nice wording, by the way! haha). he was 18-19, like me. he was just trying to find himself and the words in the music he wrote certainly reflects that. and i also do agree with you on your last point, about Invinsible. i LOVE that song, and 99.9% of the reason why is that Jesse wrote it about something real and true in his own life that had more content than just break-ups and make-ups. from the second i heard it i could feel the emotion in the lyrics and his voice, so that by far is my fave some from that album (although i am privy to Just So You Know and Blow Your Mind too Wink
    jesserockz4eva
    jesserockz4eva

Number of posts : 143
    Hobbies : music. dancin'. friends. movies. sports. writing. talking. computer. taking pics/videos.

Post  jesserockz4eva Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:36 pm

i totally agree with u guys!!

rwywm was his best work. not saying that departure isnt great too. but rwywm is HONEST. it was 100% jesse, his thoughts and texts, his experiences, his time of life.
    bedtime71
    bedtime71

Number of posts : 168

Post  bedtime71 Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:53 am

I like his second album too. I feel that it's really his thoughts and words without too much influence of other artists and writers.
    The second album is from the heart...this album is written in such a way that is not conscientious about being #1 or anything. It truly shows Jesse's laid back personality, and the songs reveal a lot about his true personal life.

My favorite songs from the Right Where You Want Me album are:
    Just Go, Just So You Know, Tell Her, and Anybody.

What makes me love his 2nd Album 690817

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 15, 2024 10:30 am