JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

+4
Jmaclover89
Skysthelimit
JesseMAC22
jessecraze
8 posters

Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!!

jessecraze
    jessecraze

Number of posts : 2003
    Hobbies : Music, writting, comedy, anything to do with Jesse or music...

Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!! Empty Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!!

Post  jessecraze Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:31 pm

I just read over it becuase I didn't really Read much before, I just tried to sign up and it wouldnt let me...

First big problem: It ask for your social security number!!!!!!

Second problem: it ask for your home number...

Third big problem: Under the fine print and rules, it says its gonna bill your monthly phone bill....

NOBODY GIVE OUT YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!! DON'T DO IT!!! YOU WILL BE SORRY!!!!!!

The real deal wouldn't have to 'bill your phone bill' and they would only have you use your credit card or w.e to pay... Never your social security!!!
    PLEASE DON'T ANY OF YOU FANS GIVE OUT THAT STUFF UNTILL WE HAVE A BETTER UNDERSTANDING WHY ON EARTH THEY NEED IT!!! (SCARY) Crying or Very sad
    JesseMAC22
    JesseMAC22

Number of posts : 197

Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!! Empty Re: Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!!

Post  JesseMAC22 Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 pm

I'm soooo glad I never signed up for that chiz! Very Happy We need to get the word out! I guess we should ask Jenny what's up with JMAC Social.
    Skysthelimit
    Skysthelimit

Number of posts : 467

Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!! Empty Re: Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!!

Post  Skysthelimit Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:43 pm

Asking for the social security number is not right! That is a BIG warning sign to me. I think when I signed up for the trial version it didn't ask for my social security number or anything and not even a credit card number b/c there's no way I would have given it....I'm seriously thinking of deleting my trial membership (if I can even get it), b/c this social security thing is freaking me out!
    jessecraze
    jessecraze

Post  jessecraze Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:47 pm

They said giving our social secuirty was for 'idenifcation purposes!' (duh and thats freaky... Why do they need to identify us for joinning?)

Untill we all know whats going on, we should spread the word fast and make everyone take caution till Jesse can straighten this all out for us scratch
    Jmaclover89
    Jmaclover89

Hobbies : COOKING!

Post  Jmaclover89 Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:58 pm

I have never given out my social online and I don't plan to. this site is sorta sounding a bit sketchy if you ask me. good thing i'm not re-signing up aftr the free months are done
    Skysthelimit
    Skysthelimit

Post  Skysthelimit Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:04 pm

Jmaclover89 wrote:I have never given out my social online and I don't plan to. this site is sorta sounding a bit sketchy if you ask me. good thing i'm not re-signing up aftr the free months are done

I know me either. I am def. not doing anything on that site until after I hear from Jesse himself. Luckily they didn't ask very much personal information for when signing up for the trail version (at least not that I can remember), but I wonder how much more information people have to give to sign up not as a trial member.
    jessecraze
    jessecraze

Post  jessecraze Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:07 pm

[quote="Skysthelimit"I wonder how much more information people have to give to sign up not as a trial member.[/quote]

Full sign up on jmac social:
    Username
    Password
    Confirm Password
    First Name
    Last Name
    Address
    City
    State
    Zip code
    Home Phone
    Date of Birth
    SSN (Last four digits)
    *SSN is for verification purposes only, and is not stored or shared with any third parties
    Promo Code
    Enter the words below
    Skysthelimit
    Skysthelimit

Post  Skysthelimit Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:10 pm

jessecraze wrote:[quote="Skysthelimit"I wonder how much more information people have to give to sign up not as a trial member.

Full sign up on jmac social:
    Username
    Password
    Confirm Password
    First Name
    Last Name
    Address
    City
    State Choose State Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming
    Zip code
    Home Phone
    Date of Birth
    SSN (Last four digits)
    *SSN is for verification purposes only, and is not stored or shared with any third parties
    Promo Code
    Enter the words below[/quote]

Thank you! Smile That's ridiculous and really freaky. Why would they need someone social security for no reason? I mean, the fan club doesn't need it. This is a stupid question, but I signed up like almost a month ago and can't remember: is the full registration different than the trial--like they don't ask for the SSN and Phone number, right? At least I don't think they did...
    jessecraze
    jessecraze

Post  jessecraze Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Skysthelimit wrote:Thank you! Smile That's ridiculous and really freaky. Why would they need someone social security for no reason? I mean, the fan club doesn't need it. This is a stupid question, but I signed up like almost a month ago and can't remember: is the full registration different than the trial--like they don't ask for the SSN and Phone number, right? At least I don't think they did...

I don't think so ofcourse anytime I ever tried to sign up it would not let me do anything and kept taking me back to the same page over and over!!!!
    Skysthelimit
    Skysthelimit

Post  Skysthelimit Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:18 pm

jessecraze wrote:
    Skysthelimit wrote:Thank you! Smile That's ridiculous and really freaky. Why would they need someone social security for no reason? I mean, the fan club doesn't need it. This is a stupid question, but I signed up like almost a month ago and can't remember: is the full registration different than the trial--like they don't ask for the SSN and Phone number, right? At least I don't think they did...

I don't think so ofcourse anytime I ever tried to sign up it would not let me do anything and kept taking me back to the same page over and over!!!!

Good, 'cause I def. don't remember them asking for those bits of information. Yeah, I've had some many problems with the site, right after I signed up I couldn't get one for at least a week since it couldn't load it and just the past few days it couldn't seem to log me in again.
    jmacislove

Number of posts : 98

Post  jmacislove Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:35 pm

They do not make you pay using your social security number. They clearly state under the terms & conditions that you have to option to pay with an active credit card or LEC Bill which means that if you do not have an active credit card, you have the option of paying the $20 fee on your telephone bill instead. The social security usage is used exactly what they say is for. Simple identification just in case their is a contest of some sort to win something or to meet Jesse McCartney. Real identification would be needed, they do not want a fake.

10. Billing. In consideration for your use of the Services as a Member, you agree to pay the Fees (as defined below and further described in this Section 10). Upon submitting your Application, and upon HMI’s approval thereof, a charge of Twenty Dollars ($20.00) (the “Fees”) shall be added to your local telephone bill (“LEC Bill”) or the credit card or debit card that you provided on your Application (“Active Credit Card”) for each month that you remain a Member. The Fees will appear on your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card statement through the identifier “Cmiprofiles.com.” However, please be advised that HMI and your local telephone carrier are not affiliated. You agree that all such Fees may be automatically applied to your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card, as applicable, and that you have the authority to authorize such billing.

For so long as your Membership remains active, the Fees will accrue on the monthly anniversary date of your sign-up, and such Fees will be charged in advance. You acknowledge and agree that HMI will not obtain additional authorization from you for each monthly installment of the Fees charged to your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card, as applicable. Every time that you use the Services, you re-affirm that HMI is authorized to charge your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card, as applicable. You shall be responsible for paying any and all applicable sales tax (if any) due to all taxing authorities arising from, or in connection with, your use of the Services. All Fees are payable in United States currency.

Jenny and Kris are both signed up for this site.
    For the trial, they do not ask for your social security number but they do
    ask for your telephone number. Not a big deal on that part.

In order to sign up for trial, you will have to click 'Access it all now'
    http://www.jmacsocial.com/landingbeta/
    jessecraze
    jessecraze

Post  jessecraze Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:53 pm

jmacislove wrote:They do not make you pay using your social security number. They clearly state under the terms & conditions that you have to option to pay with an active credit card or LEC Bill which means that if you do not have an active credit card, you have the option of paying the $20 fee on your telephone bill instead. The social security usage is used exactly what they say is for. Simple identification just in case their is a contest of some sort to win something or to meet Jesse McCartney. Real identification would be needed, they do not want a fake.

10. Billing. In consideration for your use of the Services as a Member, you agree to pay the Fees (as defined below and further described in this Section 10). Upon submitting your Application, and upon HMI’s approval thereof, a charge of Twenty Dollars ($20.00) (the “Fees”) shall be added to your local telephone bill (“LEC Bill”) or the credit card or debit card that you provided on your Application (“Active Credit Card”) for each month that you remain a Member. The Fees will appear on your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card statement through the identifier “Cmiprofiles.com.” However, please be advised that HMI and your local telephone carrier are not affiliated. You agree that all such Fees may be automatically applied to your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card, as applicable, and that you have the authority to authorize such billing.

For so long as your Membership remains active, the Fees will accrue on the monthly anniversary date of your sign-up, and such Fees will be charged in advance. You acknowledge and agree that HMI will not obtain additional authorization from you for each monthly installment of the Fees charged to your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card, as applicable. Every time that you use the Services, you re-affirm that HMI is authorized to charge your LEC Bill or Active Credit Card, as applicable. You shall be responsible for paying any and all applicable sales tax (if any) due to all taxing authorities arising from, or in connection with, your use of the Services. All Fees are payable in United States currency.

Jenny and Kris are both signed up for this site.
    For the trial, they do not ask for your social security number but they do
    ask for your telephone number. Not a big deal on that part.

In order to sign up for trial, you will have to click 'Access it all now'
    http://www.jmacsocial.com/landingbeta/

but what is the reason for asking for it and if they are signed up, who is in charge and what are they going to do with the offical club? Its our support and money, so we have a right to know whats going on for real!
    jmacislove

Post  jmacislove Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:05 am

but what is the reason for asking for it and if they are signed up, who is in charge and what are they going to do with the offical club? Its our support and money, so we have a right to know whats going on for real!

The reason for asking for what?
    The official club and JMacSocial.com are two completely different sites. Jesse's official fan club is Jesse's OFFICIAL fan club on HIS own site and JMacSocial.com is just an extra and/or affiliation. And the person who is in charge of JMacSocial.com would be Jesse McCartney and Sakewoo (CelebInsider on the website). Although the person who is being payed for JMacSocial.com would be Headwind Media Inc - CMI Exclusive

I'm not trying to force any of you to join this site nor am I against you. You are free to make your own choices. I am just basically rephrasing what the Term & Conditions means considering they like to use big words to scare you or make you not read them. I'm sure most of us like to scroll through them quickly without actually reading them.
    jessecraze
    jessecraze

Post  jessecraze Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:13 am

jmacislove wrote:

The official club and JMacSocial.com are two completely different sites. Jesse's official fan club is Jesse's OFFICIAL fan club on HIS own site and JMacSocial.com is just an extra and/or affiliation. And the person who is in charge of JMacSocial.com would be Jesse McCartney and Sakewoo (CelebInsider on the website). Although the person who is being payed for JMacSocial.com would be Headwind Media Inc - CMI Exclusive

I'm not trying to force any of you to join this site nor am I against you. I am just basically rephrasing what the Term & Conditions means considering they like to use big words to scare you or make you not read them. I'm sure we all like to scroll through them quickly without actually reading them.

hmmm thats all great then why isn't Jesse saying anything about it, why no advertising from anyone on his promotional team or anywhere really? You know, it just seems odd to us that Jesse himself would be involved and not even tell us about it anywhere if he wants us to join... sorry i'm not upset at you, im just trying to get to the bottom of this, I don't want any fans hurt or scammed so we need to know the full deal here before we continue... I do thank you for what info you did give becuase I honestly had no idea, the website wouldn't even let me sign up for the trial I guess it only accepted so many fans for that.... hmm...
    jmacislove

Post  jmacislove Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:22 am

[quote="jessecraze"]
    jmacislove wrote:

I'm not trying to force any of you to join this site nor am I against you. I am just basically rephrasing what the Term & Conditions means considering they like to use big words to scare you or make you not read them. I'm sure we all like to scroll through them quickly without actually reading them.

hmmm thats all great then why isn't Jesse saying anything about it, why no advertising from anyone on his promotional team or anywhere really? You know, it just seems odd to us that Jesse himself would be involved and not even tell us about it anywhere if he wants us to join... sorry i'm not upset at you, im just trying to get to the bottom of this, I don't want any fans hurt or scammed so we need to know the full deal here before we continue... I do thank you for what info you did give becuase I honestly had no idea, the website wouldn't even let me sign up for the trial I guess it only accepted so many fans for that.... hmm...

Jesse McCartney barely mentions anything anywhere unless you ask him straightforward or personally. And I think it would be pretty pointless for the management team to mention the site since an email was sent about this site to majority of you anyway through JesseMac.com. I think that was the team sending you all the message and informing you about the site. But, send a message to Kris and/or Jenny if you'd like. And if anyone reports a problem about actually being scammed then I guess that's when the real red flag should go up. Until then, enjoy the free ride if you are on trial. If you're still unsure of the site after your trial is up, just don't sign up for the real thing at all Smile I'm not.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 337

Post  Admin Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:45 am

jmacislove wrote:

I'm not trying to force any of you to join this site nor am I against you. You are free to make your own choices. I am just basically rephrasing what the Term & Conditions means considering they like to use big words to scare you or make you not read them. I'm sure most of us like to scroll through them quickly without actually reading them.

Even if "Jesse" is the one who is in charged of the site, It doesn't give them any right to ask a person for their S.S number. That's not something you share with people.. Yeah, You share it to like your school and doctors, but NEVER a website. That is stupid on your part if you think thats an okay thing, because people can hack into your computer and steal your number aka, YOU IDENTY..

And where does it even state that Jesse is the one running it? Why don't they offer these things on Jesse's fan club, WE PAID for that, and we get nothing...If Jesse started a new website that we all have to pay for, I think thats stupid, because we all pay for the fan club and don't need to waste more money. The fan club should be giving us exclusives.
    This website is bogus.

It always changes, Last week my friend signed up and it wanted her credit card number, now instead of credit card it wants our S.S number.. Fishy.
    jessecraze
    jessecraze

Post  jessecraze Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:50 am

Now I seriously have a problem with Jmac social!!! 6iwcux

I high lighted where is says 'ssn' and hello, "JMAC SOCIAL"! (Social Security)
    Does that not sound like a scam??

If it is or isn't, we should still all find out directly from Jesse himself before getting involved.... As members on this forum and as a Jmac Family, we should all watch out for each other and get to the bottom of this!! If anyone disagrees we would come together as a family, then thats sad... becuase this is all about us working hard together, supporting Jesse! RIGHT???
    jmacislove

Post  jmacislove Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:56 am

Admin wrote:
    jmacislove wrote:

Even if "Jesse" is the one who is in charged of the site, It doesn't give them any right to ask a person for their S.S number. That's not something you share with people.. Yeah, You share it to like your school and doctors, but NEVER a website. That is stupid on your part if you think thats an okay thing, because people can hack into your computer and steal your number aka, YOU IDENTY..

And where does it even state that Jesse is the one running it? Why don't they offer these things on Jesse's fan club, WE PAID for that, and we get nothing...If Jesse started a new website that we all have to pay for, I think thats stupid, because we all pay for the fan club and don't need to waste more money. The fan club should be giving us exclusives.
    This website is bogus.

It always changes, Last week my friend signed up and it wanted her credit card number, now instead of credit card it wants our S.S number.. Fishy.

When did I say that giving out your S.S. is okay? I said putting your phone number down will not have any affect if you are signed up for a trial. I have no real reason on the S.S issue, I only gave assumptions. It's completely obvious that Jesse McCartney runs this site along with the person who created it since every time you join, you are automatically a friend of Jesse McCartney and his account information on when he uploads anything or post anything it is posted on everyone's homepage. Common sense. But, please do not judge those who are joined up for this site. Like I said, it is your choice on whether or not you want to sign up. A message was sent out to all of you about it and if you have any problems, contact and attack the website itself or the management team, not individuals who are actually signed up.
    JessexBroadway
    JessexBroadway
    Admin

Number of posts : 1754

Post  JessexBroadway Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:02 am

jmacislove wrote:
    Admin wrote:
    jmacislove wrote:

This website is bogus.

When did I say that giving out your S.S. is okay? I said putting your phone number down will not have any affect if you are signed up for a trial. I have no real reason on the S.S issue, I only gave assumptions. It's completely obvious that Jesse McCartney runs this site along with the person who created it since every time you join, you are automatically a friend of Jesse McCartney and his account information on when he uploads anything or post anything it is posted on everyone's homepage. Common sense. But, please do not judge those who are joined up for this site. Like I said, it is your choice on whether or not you want to sign up. A message was sent out to all of you about it and if you have any problems, contact and attack the website itself, not individuals who are actually signed up.

Is that another word for We're stupid?
    It could all be fake.. And until Jesse himself says he runs it, I don't think anyone should legit join , FOR REAL.. With adding S.S number. That's insane.
    adriiii
    adriiii

Number of posts : 310

Post  adriiii Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:03 am

do they the owners of the site really think they are going to get a sufficient amount of fans to actually join after the trial? Especially since it's still really shady to most people...It's all just really weird..
    The 'Jesse McCartney' on jmacsocial had that q&a event scheduled today but it was cancelled, usually when he's going to do a live video or saynow or something like that we know ahead of time by him.
    and the SSN? I understand why they want it in the terms&conditions...but seriously, it's not necessary at all when you have a valid id anyway. I've been a member of a few different fan clubs and none have ever needed that..
    jmacislove

Post  jmacislove Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 am

It could all be fake.. And until Jesse himself says he runs it, I don't think anyone should legit join , FOR REAL.. With adding S.S number. That's insane.

Lol, not at all Emily. I'm just telling my reasons on why Jesse McCartney could be the one who is running the site too since it's all about Jesse McCartney. Who knows him better than himself?!

But..
    I just don't understand why any of you haven't contacted Jenny or Kris yet since everyone is so skeptical? Ask THEM the questions. And if I stand corrected that this site is not legit, I won't be ashamed of it. The photos and updates was appreciated.
    adriiii
    adriiii

Number of posts : 310

Post  adriiii Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:16 am

This is what Jenny said:
    "JMac Social is an outside source that provides their exclusive Jesse content to their users." and that she herself doesn't know details about the site.
    JessexBroadway
    JessexBroadway
    Admin

Post  JessexBroadway Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:22 am

jmacislove wrote:

Lol, not at all Emily. I'm just telling my reasons on why Jesse McCartney could be the one who is running the site too since it's all about Jesse McCartney. Who knows him better than himself?!

But..
    I just don't understand why any of you haven't contacted Jenny or Kris yet since everyone is so skeptical? Ask THEM the questions. And if I stand corrected that this site is not legit, I won't be ashamed of it. The photos and updates was appreciated.

Well of course, The photos and updates are awesome. But we can't just assume it's him. Sorry i was somewhat offended by that, I mean telling us we have no common sense is kinda telling us that we're rather stupid..
    And as the girl said above ^^^ Jenny doesn't even know .. So that right there somewhat tells us. I guess soon we'll find out.
    jmacislove

Post  jmacislove Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:24 am

adriiii wrote:This is what Jenny said:
    "JMac Social is an outside source that provides their exclusive Jesse content to their users." and that she herself doesn't know details about the site.

Great. Now did anyone ask her to contact the management
    about this site for more details regarding all the questions you guys are asking?
    We have the right to know. We're the fans being targeted.

And Kris? Anyone ask her?

"Outside source" Not apart of Jesse McCartney's OFFICIAL fan club. That was answered for us. "Provides their exclusive Jesse content to their users" Probably means that their is someone who tags along with Jesse McCartney when he goes to events and such.

Beta version that resembles Facebook? That has to mean it's more than just a site. I would love to know more Rolling Eyes If anyone else doesn't ask, I would be more than happy to.

They are the only main source for our questions right now since they can contact his management and such. I could also try contacting this CelebInsider guy who tells us that if we have any questions about Jesse McCartney or the site, just ask him.

Last edited by jmacislove on Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
    JessexBroadway
    JessexBroadway
    Admin

Post  JessexBroadway Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:27 am

jmacislove wrote:
    adriiii wrote:This is what Jenny said:

Great. Now did anyone ask her to contact the management
    about this site for more details regarding all the questions you guys are asking?
    We have the right to know. We're the fans being targeted.

And Kris? Anyone ask her?

"Outside source" Not apart of Jesse McCartney's OFFICIAL fan club. That was answered for us. "Provides their exclusive Jesse content to their users" Probably means that their is someone who tags along with Jesse McCartney when he goes to events and such.

Beta version that resembles Facebook? That has to mean it's more than just a site. I would love to know more Rolling Eyes If anyone else doesn't ask, I would be more than happy to.
    Kris don't know anything.. She doesn't even do a good job at her job...

Did i just say that... :O

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:07 pm