JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

5 posters

Making the Biggest Move

*CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Number of posts : 20

Making the Biggest Move Empty Making the Biggest Move

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:03 pm

soooo....i'm just bringing my fan fiction from the other board over here...i'll post from chapter one just to make it easier in case someone who didn't read it on the other forum decides they want to read it on here...

Chapter 1
    "Do you trust me?" He yelled as his swing flew past mine, a smile gracing his face.
    "Of course!" I yelled back, pumping my feet harder to get me to swing higher.
    "Then get ready!"
    "For what?"
    "To Jump!!"
    Two seconds later, Rob was counting down from three. When he hit one, we both let go of the swings and went flying into the lake that was build right behind the swing set. I could see the water inching closer to me, and as my feet hit the wetness, I sucked in a breath. For a second everything went dark as I could feel the water carve itself around my body.
    Once I was sure that I wasn't sinking any lower, I started kicking in the direction that i hoped was up towards air. My lungs started to burn. I didn't realize how far down I had dropped. With the realization that I hadn't hit air yet, I started to panic. My arms started the flailing motion, and the next thing I know, there was a firm hand holding onto mine.
    When we breached the surface, I blew out all of the air in my lungs and gasped in a deep breath. He was laughing as we treaded water. His hair was stuck to his face in all misconstrewed ways. His free arm helped him tread water as his other arm made sure that I wasn'tgoing to start drowning.
    "That was amazing! I didn't think you were going to jump." He said after he had calmed himself enough to breathe.
    "I told you I trusted you." I couldn't help but grin back at him. Rob was my best friend in London. I only saw him during the summer, and I always made the best of the time that we had together. At the age of twenty one, this was my sixteenth summer with Rob.
    "But I never thought you'd jump." Rob tugged at my sleeve as we made our way to the shore. Once we were there Rob pulled out two towels and threw one around my shoulders.
    "Maybe school's changed me?" I shrugged as I used the towel to wipe my face off.
    "No...no that can't be it." Rob studied my face, and I could only hope that he couldn't see that I was in love with him. I hadn't planned to fall in love with him. Why would I want to be with someone halfway across the world from me? My home wasn't London. My home was Santa Barbara, California.
    "Then what else could it be?" I sat down and laid back so that I could look up at the clouds. "I think you're just going crazy."
    "Well that just might be. But there's something you're not telling me."
    "Rob, you're insane."
    "And I've only got two days to figure out what's changed you." Rob was sitting cross legged, looking down at me. "Unless you decide that you want to tell me what it is."
    "Have fun trying to figure me out." I stuck my tongue out at him.
    "Oh, mature Jaz."
    "I do my best." There was nothing I loved more in London than laying back in the grass, watching the clouds float by with Rob there with me. None of my friends back in California had never met Rob, but they knew about him because of how much I talked about him. He was a year older than I was and we'd known each other since I was roughly five years old.
    "You aren't going to tell me, are you?" Rob finally questioned, breaking my train of thought.
    "Tell you what?" I glanced over at him, my heart fluttering when his lip turned up into a slight smile.
    "I'll figure it out..."
    "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." A smile grazed my lips as he decided to lay down next to me, watching the clouds as well.
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Making the Biggest Move Empty Re: Making the Biggest Move

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Chapter 2
    "Rob, get down here and help me finish making this!" I yelled down the hall at Rob's loft. It had started getting dark and so we decided that it was best that we made some dinner. Well, I wanted dinner. Rob would rather go out to the local pub and grab some food and a beer. The one thing that still hadn't changed about me was that I didn't like beer very much at all.
    "You're the one that wanted to cook!" Rob yelled back down the hall and I could hear him moving around. I wondered what he was doing as I continued to cut up the vegetables. One of the best things about living on your own, was that you could have people over without parents poking their nose around the corner at any second.
    The other good thing about being best friends with Rob, was that my parents were perfectly alright with me staying at his loft. Of course it was still on his parents land, but it was set far enough away that they couldn't see or hear anything from their house. It was basically living on his own, without having to pay rent.
    "You know, it'd be done faster if I had some help!" I yelled again, tossing the vegetables into the frying pan with the oil. The sound that the steam made quieted out anything Rob might have yelled back. I gave up and checked the chicken that was in the oven. When I stood back up and turned around, Rob was there with a huge grin on his face. I jumped in surprise and Rob started laughing.
    "What's got you all jumpy?" Rob said through laughs.
    "The fact that you all of a sudden were behind me when it was quiet!" I raised an eyebrow and held the poker that I had checked the chicken with in his direction.
    "Whatever. What did you need help with?" Rob sat down on a stool that was by the island in the kitchen.
    "I finished it all already. What are you going to do once I'm gone? You're out of all school, what are you going to kill time with?" I stirred the vegetables and the scent roamed around the room.
    "Actually, that's what I was doing in my room."
    "I asked what you were going to do after, not before."
    "Well yeah, I was moving some stuff around to pack."
    "Where are you going?"
    "I was thinking of moving actually. Maybe traveling for a little while."
    "With who? And where?" I leaned against the counter, my face about a food from Rob's. Oh how I wish I could just grab him and kiss him. I shook my head and Rob looked at me questioningly.
    "You'll find out soon enough." Rob winked and I just about stabbed him. I hate when he kept things from me. Best friends didn't do that!
    We ended up not being able to wait to eat at the table. I served our plates right there on Island and Rob scarfed down his food. You'd think he'd never had a civilized meal before! While I finished my food, Rob went and I could hear him rustling more in his room. Taking my time I took in everything I could. I would miss this place when I had to go back to school. There was nothing like spending quality time with your best friend.
    "Will you hurry up?" Rob said, his face flushed, when he came back into the kitchen.
    "What? Sorry I take so long to eat!" I slowly put a bite of chicken in my mouth.
    "We're going to miss it if you don't hurry up!"
    "Miss what?"
    "If I take the time to explain it, we'll miss it!" Rob grabbed my hand, tired of how long it was taking me to eat. We started towards his bedroom and then took a sharp left into what I had thought was the closet the whole time. Instead of it being a closet, it was a narrow staircase.
    Rob had to drop my wrist in order for us to climb up the stairs. When we got to the top I could see what exactly Rob had been doing. On the roof of his loft he had a telescope set up. It was the telescope that we had built when we were young children. At first everything felt unstable, and so when my foot slipped I reached out and grabbed Rob's hand.
    "Unstead Jaz?" Rob grinned, making my hand retreat in a flash.
    "Shut up! It's dark...what do you expect?"
    "Okay, okay. Hurry and look into it." Rob grabbed my and held me while I leaned down to look at what exactly he was trying to show me. "Do you see it?"

Chapter 3

"I don't know what I'm supposed to be looking for!" I stood up and look at Rob. He was always so good at the astronomy thing.
    "You don't see the bright light moving?" Disappointment crossed his face.
    "Let me see again." I leaned down and looked through the lens once again. I still didn't see anything. "Rob, I think you're making it all up."
    "Move over then." Rob sighed and looked down. "You are majorly blind Jaz. It's right there!"
    "Seriously Rob, how many times have I actually found what I was supposed to be looking for through your telescope?"
    "Okay, Okay. You got me there. But this you should have been able to see."
    "Anyways, It's getting cold, let's go back inside." I tried to walk past Rob but he put his arm in front of me. I looked at him and he bit his lip. "You locked it on accident, didn't you?"
    "I didn't do it on purpose...it's just a habit I've grown accustomed to."
    "So how do we get down?"
    "You aren't going to like it..."
    "We are not jumping off your roof Robert Pattinson!" I looked up at his sheepish grin. "Robert Pattinson, how could you have done this?"
    "It's not that far of a jump..." Rob grinned again. "I've done it plenty of times before..."
    "Show me." I put my hands on my hips and looked at him. He knew how much of a scaredy cat I could be. It had always been his goal to try to get me to take bigger risks, but I wasn't Rob. I wasn't carefree.
    Rob climbed over the other side of the roof and slowly lowered himself to the other platform that was on the side of the house with the hay bales. He stood up and looked over the edge for a second before he called out my name. I slowly tried to move but was caught in fear once I looked over and saw how far I was going to have to lower myself just to get to Rob.
    "You trust me, right?" Rob questioned again, catching the fear on my face.
    "Why do you have to keep using that line?" I grumbled just loud enough for him to hear me. I still was not moving.
    "Trust me." Rob held out his hand and leaned over so that the distance didn't seem as far as I knew it was. After a few more grumblings I slowly started to maneuver myself towards where his hand was. Finally, after what had taken much longer than it should have, I had safely moved myself onto the platform next to Rob and looked over the edge.
    There was a huge pile of hay that we were supposed to jump into. At twenty one, I was still fairly scared of heights, among other things. With a few deep breaths to calm myself down, I looked over at Rob. He had the biggest grin on his face. He had planned for it to happen! With that, he grabbed my hand and we both jumped. I could swear I had screamed my lungs out for the short jump.
    "I swear you're trying to kill me!" I glared at Rob and I started picking hay out of my hair.
    "Now who would I get to go visit in the states if I killed you?"
    I couldn't stay mad at Rob, but I could make him think I was. Well, for as long as I could at least. We went back into his loft and turned on the TV. A few minutes of silence went on and Rob gave me the puppy dog look. Of course I had to forgive him. Who could deny the puppy dog look!
    Before I knew it, the two days were up and Rob had forgotten all about trying to figure out what had changed me. It was early morning and we were packing my suitcase into the back of his car. Well, it wasn't really his car, but he used it constantly. I wanted to tell Rob that I had fallen for him, but that was out of the question. He was my best friend from London. That was all we would ever be to each other.
    "What's got you all down? You seem like you're never going to see me again or something." Rob said once we were on the road.
    "This summer just seemed to go by too fast." I shrugged and looked out the window so that I wouldn't have to look at him.
    "It really did. It was nice getting to spend time with you again. Are you sure you don't want to take a semester off and come live over here or something?"
    "You and I both know that I can't do that. I have to follow the plan that I set for myself."
    "Always so stuck to that plan Jaz. When are you going to start letting free?"
    I reached over and punched Rob's arm when he said that comment. He pretended that it hurt, and so of course I hit him again. Before we knew it, we were having a type of war on the way to the airport. It was really nice to be laughing. We pulled into the airport much too soon and Rob started to help me unload my bags.
    Once we had all of my bags out of his car on the sidewalk, I looked at him. We stood there, studying each other for a second. He sighed and opened his arms, waiting for me to jump into them. I resisted for a moment more before I folded myself to his body. We held each other for a second.
    "You still never told me what's changed you." Rob said into my hair.
    "You just weren't good enough to figure it out." I said when we finally released each other. "Guess you'll just have to come to California to figure it out then."
    "You better count on that. I'll see you before you even realize it!"
    I smiled and started moving my stuff towards the airport check-in. As I rolled my suitcase away, I turned around to see Rob still watching me. My heart fluttered and I turned away before I ran back to him. Right as I was entering the last set of closing doors I could hear Rob yelling something. I couldn't fully make out what he said, but it sounded like something along the lines of "I love you."
    That wouldn't be too out of the ordinary for Rob to say, but it still made me blush. He was, after all, my best friend. I checked in all of my bags and started my walk towards the right terminal where my plane would be. Once I was sitting down I pulled out my ipod and turned on the music to push away the thoughts that were starting to form.
    There was no way that I could take a semester off to come live out here. Rob wouldn't be out here anyways. He was supposed to be traveling. I was by no means a backpack traveler. I let the beat of the music keep my thoughts at bay as I loaded onto the plane and got ready for the long flight back home
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:04 pm

Chapter 4

For most of the flight I forced myself to sleep. I did everything I could, including blasting my music so that when I woke up, I could quickly fall back asleep without being interrupted by the flight attendant. The last three hours of the flight I couldn't force myself to sleep anymore. My body just wouldn't do it. Of course, this was the moment my mind and heart were waiting for.
    They kicked in, and I started to think about everything. The past, the present, the future. I didn't know anymore. It all just flooded my mind. I remembered the relationship that I had left when I had come over to London. I remembered seeing Rob for the first time in a year. I remembered what I was going home to.
    When I was packing all of my things for the summer I was going to spend in London, I knew it was going to be hard to tell my boyfriend at the time what was going on. I'd only been with him since the start of school, so it wasn't that serious. At least to me it wasn't. As bad as this is going to sound, he was just someone to occupy my time at school with rather than someone I honestly wanted to be with. I knew in my heart that he just wasn't the one I was supposed to be with. I was packing to go see the one that I was supposed to be with.
    Before I knew it, my flight was preparing for landing and so I had to put my chair in its "upright position" as the flight attendant repeated over the intercom. I was getting anxious now that I was so close to home again. My two best friends Chelsea and Devran were going to be picking me up. Once the plane was landed and we were let off the plane, I searched for my two best friends.
    "Dev! Chels!!" I yelled when I spotted them. I ran over and embraced them both in a hug. "I missed you two!"
    "We can tell!" Chelsea laughed as we let each other go. "I hope you're hungry, because we have some paperwork to go over."
    "Awe, buzz kill." Devran said as he flung his arm around me. The three of us walked to his car and loaded my suitcases.
    "Well we are moving into it fairly soon, you realize?" Chelsea said as she was in the passenger seat.
    "Yeah, but we've got an hour or two where I can relax, right?" I grinned. Tired from the flight, although I slept most of the flight.
    "How was Rob? Did you tell him?" Chelsea gave in and turned so that she was facing me.
    "Can't the girl talk wait for later too? Save me!" Devran laughed. "I had to hear all about the breakup with James, and now I have to hear more about love?"
    "Don't be sour!" Chelsea said. She was always the one to say the most blunt things. Of course that's why we loved her most times. The three of us had known each other since we were younger, and we all ended up going to the same college. It only felt right. And now, the three of us were renting a house in the Santa Barbara Hills together.
    "Who said I'm sour?" Devran acted hurt as we pulled up to the Ihop. "There's nothing wrong with it, but it's just so much to handle!"
    "Well that's exactly what you're in for when you move in with us!" I laughed.
    "Oh joy..."
    "Hush Devran. So you didn't tell Rob did you?"
    "No..."
    "The whole summer there, and you couldn't do it?"
    "Chels, it's not that easy. He's my best friend over there. I'm not going to lose that." It was the same old line that I'd heard everywhere. I just didn't realize how true it could be until it was put to the test.
    "Have you talked to James since you left?" Devran questioned, a strange look on his face.
    "No..why would I?" My eyebrows creased together and I just looked at him. "Have you?"
    "Yeah...The guy's a great guy you know."
    "Devran's trying to say that he's kind of invited James to move in with us. In the spare guest house." Chelsea finally said.
    "You're kidding me!" What was I supposed to do? Sure I was in love with Rob, but I also wasn't completly over James. Oh how the heart can play cruel games with you.

Chapter 5

"Devran, I really don't think it's a good idea if James moves in with us." I sighed after a short awkward silence.
    "Look Jaz, we can't find anyone else to move in with us, and we've got to be able to cover that extra rent." Devran responded as he started towards the house that we were going to be moving in to. "And he'll be far enough away that really, the only thing we'll share is the kitchen."
    "We'll talk about it later alright? We've got about a month to try to find someone else if James bails on us." Chelsea said, trying to stop any argument that might start up.
    Devran pulled his car into the driveway and turned it off. The three of us had looked at the house before, but there was just something special about going together when we knew we'd be moving in there soon enough. We all got out of his car and Chelsea pulled out the front door key. The house was basically ours already, we just had to move in.
    When Chelsea opened the front door we all started running around, trying to find the room that we wanted. I quickly flew up the stairs and to the room that was just to the left. This room was decently big, had it's own bathroom - as all the room's in the house did - and had a nice view of the back yard. I felt much better looking into the backyard than I did looking towards the street.
    "I found my room!" I yelled out the door as I saw Chelsea stick her head out of the room across the hall from mine.
    "I guess I'm stuck with the room downstairs." Devran smiled as he looked up the stairs at both of us.
    "Yeah, that's what it looks like. Poor you." Chelsea laughed as she and I made our way down the stairs. "Let's go look in the backyard."
    The three of us walked down the hall and saw the living room on the opposite side of the kitchen. Devran's room was next to the living room and opposite of the dining room. Something told me that we probably wouldn't use the dining room for much other than parties. When we reached the backyard we looked around. There was a decent sized patio, a swimming pool, and a decent sized grassy area.
    Not too far from the pool was the guest house. The place itself was really nice, but I didn't want to see James walking around there at night. This year had to be an amazing year, even if I had to deal with whatever drama James brought to the table. That was when my phone started ringing.
    "Hello." I answered, not recognizing the number on the phone.
    "Jaz! Have you talked to Devran?" The male voice sounded familiar, but I just couldn't seem to place it.
    "Um...I'm with him right now. Who is this?"
    "James...oh, sorry, I forgot that I didn't give you my new number." James seemed happier than I would have imagined, especially after how we had ended things.
    "Oh. Yeah Devran mentioned a few things about you."
    "Well...would you mind if I moved into the guest house? I can't seem to find any other place to move into."
    "I'll think about it." I looked at Devran and gave him the evil eye. He knew who I was talking to, and he mouthed the word 'sorry'.
    "I'll even help you move all of your stuff in..."
    "Fine...you can have the guest house for now." I said, knowing that I was probably going to regret agreeing. There was no way that I was going to be able to get over James with him there every day. I sighed as I followed Chelsea and Devran back out to his car so that they could bring me back to my house.
    We drove in silence because I wouldn't talk to either of them. When we pulled up to my house I noticed that both of my parents were gone, and so I carried my stuff in to an empty house. I had made plans to move all of my things into the new house in two weeks and so I just left my things packed. I took them up to my room before I went into the backyard where my pit bull Rough was sleeping in his dog house.
    When he heard me open the door he jumped up and started towards me. Most people were afraid of Rough, but he was the sweetest dog you could ever see. I fell to the floor as Rough barked and bounced around me. This was one of the real reasons that I wanted to come home, other than to see my friends. Although I was feeling good with Rough there, I wanted nothing more than to hear from Rob.
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Chapter 6

A couple weeks had passed and Devran, Chelsea, James, and I had moved into the house that we were renting. Thankfully my friends let me take Rough with me instead of having to leave him at my other house. Anyways, I was laying on the ledge where my window was and looking up at the clouds.

I hadn't heard a word from Rob since I had gotten back and so slowly, as the time went by, I started to concentrate only on school. Of course since I was living in the same house as James, the two of us had started talking once again.

Life seemed to be going on as it had before I had left for London. James and I had become official and he spent more time hanging out in my room than he had in his guest house. Today James was out promoting his car at a car meet. Usually I went with him, but today I was sick with a cold and so I had decided to stay in.

As another sneeze hit I quickly grabbed a tissue to cover my nose. That was when I heard James's car pulling into the driveway. James drove a modified 240sx which drove me crazy. I had always wanted a 240 of my own, but my parents had decided to get me an Isuzu Rodeo instead because it made it easier for me to drive things around. Minutes later there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said, sitting up and tossing my tissue into the garbage.

"I brought you some hot chocolate from starbucks." James smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead when he got to me.

"Thanks James. How was the car meet?" I held the cup of hot chocolate between my hands and look at him expectantly.

"It went really well. I got one sponsor that will pay for me to enter into the local drift event in two weeks. Hopefully I'll be able to show off what I can do." James grinned. His car really was his baby.

"Well that's awesome! Write it on my calender so that I make sure I can go." I took a sip and watched as he walked over to write it on my calendar.

"So you know that this weekend is our one month...again." James smiled as he came back over to where I was.

"You know, we can always just pretend like the summer didn't happen and just go with it being our two year aniversary." I reached out and was about to grab his hand when I had to quickly cover my mouth.

"We could, but I want to do something special for you..."

"Two years is something special!" I argued, pouting.

"Alright, alright...we'll say it's our two year this weekend. But anyways, I've got to go work on my car to make sure that it's going to run great at the meet. I'd ask you to come help, but I think you'd do better in here."

"Baby, I've been laying around all day though." I pouted. He knew exactly how much I loved watching him and helping him work on his car.

"I know baby, but you're super sick. I want you to get better, and not stay sick."

"Can you at least bring it into the backyard then, so I can watch from up here?"

"Sure." James kissed my cheek and then went. I could hear him fire up his car and seconds later he was pulling it slowly into the backyard. He looked up at my window and then opened the hood and started working. As I watched him work, I couldn't think of one reason that we had broken up when I had gone to England. Oh yeah, Rob. It didn't matter anymore, I wouldn't see Rob until next summer, and I was in love with James.

The next thing I knew I was waking up to a dark sky filled with stars and a cresent moon. I hadn't planned on going to sleep, but I guess the cold medicine that I had taken made me drowsy. Rolling over I fell off of the ledge and right onto Rough. He whined and so I scratched his head as he started to lick me. That's when I heard a knock on my door again.

This time it was Chelsea and Devran with two trays of food with them. I looked outside and saw that James was still working on his car. He could be such a boy!

"Hey love!" Chelsea sat down and handed me a plate of food. "How have you been? With school and everything we haven't even seen each other for that long."

"I've been good. Thankfully James has been taking care of me since I've been sick. It's so crazy how we haven't even hung out since school started out and everything!" I sneezed again, almost spilling my whole plate of food.

"That's because you've been busy every weekend going to car things with James. You're turning back into the trophy car girlfriend you know." Devran said eating some of his food.

"That's not true!" I argued back.

"Sweetheart, it kind of is. You have yet to have a free weekend that you aren't at some car show or something." Chelsea replied.

"You guys don't hate me for it do you?" My shoulders slumped when I thought about how many weekends I really had spent just being around James and his car. Basically my life had gone back to being consumed with trying to make James happy. Don't get me wrong, I loved him, but Chelsea and Devran were right. I always was busy at car shows, watching James's tent while he went and made nice with sponsors and other car fiends.

"Of course not! You're in love. How could we be angry with you for that?" Devran nudged me.

"You do love him, right?" Chelsea questioned.

"I really do Chels. You know it'll be our two year this weekend." I grinned thinking about James.

"Well I'm happy for you two then." Devran nodded. "We kind of had a question for you and all. It deals with James."

"Alright, what's it about then?" I questioned.

"Well we were wondering if maybe he could move into your room with you, and maybe we could find someone to rent the guest house or something. It'll save us all a little bit more rent." Devran started.

"Since he spends more time in your room than in his out there anyways." Chelsea continued.

"Did you talk to him about this or something?" I half choked on the bite that I was eating.

"Not yet, we figured that maybe we'd run it by you first...and then we'd talk to him about it." Chelsea sheepishly grinned.

"Don't you think that a choice that big should have been decided between James and me?"

"Well yeah...we were just thinking that it would save us all rent money and everything if we could split things by five instead of by four. I mean, we'd charge the person in the guest house a little more and then you and James could split the rent of just this room and everything..."

"I...I think - achoooo! - I think I need time to think about that."

Chapter 7

I never did get around to asking James if he would move into my room so that we could get someone in the guest house. Of course, Devran and Chelsea had decided to take it into their own hands to ask him. It had been a month since that conversation that we had had, and now, James currently was living in my room.

A part of me was really excited because it meant that I got to wake up every morning and roll over to see him sleeping there. That was probably one of the best feelings in the world. The only problem was that James made me take down the pictures that I had had on my walls of the previous summer that I had taken with Rob.

I really didn't understand what was so wrong with having pictures up of my London best friend, but I guess it just wasn't right since James had known that I was in love with Rob when I had gone out there. Since I hadn't even heard from Rob once since I left, my feelings had started to leave. Especially since James was always there to remind me who I was with.

There were just some times that always having James there started to drive me crazy. See, now not only was James really into his car - which I was too, so it wasn't that bad - but he was also a musician. Being in school, I needed some time to myself to actually do my homework and study, but James was always right there.

Other than that I couldn't have been happier. James was more than perfect in my eyes. It was nearing lunch time, and I could smell the burgers that James was cooking out on the patio. Today we were having a pool party with all of our good friends from school. I was just finishing typing an essay that was due on Monday when I heard the doorbell ring.

"Hey Jaz, can you get that?" I heard James yell from outside. Devran and Chelsea were in the pool, and so I got up from my desk after hitting save, yelled that I would, and quickly walked down the stairs and to the front door. When I opened the door my jaw dropped.

"Rob..." I was speechless. I couldn't believe that he was out here.

"Hey Jaz! I decided to take my backpacking over here to the states." Rob grinned and held his arms open.

"I can't believe you're here!" My smile would not leave as I stepped aside to let Rob in. "You're just in time for the pool party that we're having."

"Oh...I didn't mean to come at a bad time."

"Shut up and get in here!" I grabbed Rob's arm and pulled him into the house. "What brought you to the states?"

"Just felt like the right time to come over here. Looks like you've got things going great for you over here."

"Yeah...come on, the parties in the back. School's been killing, but I've been having a blast. You aren't going to believe it...but I actually bought myself a 240 that James is helping me build from scratch!" I squealed, so excited to have Rob here.

"So you're back with James then?" Rob raised his eyebrow.

"Yeah, something wrong with that?" I raised my eyebrow right back at him as I opened the door and the music that was playing by the pool blasted us.

"No...nothing wrong at all. Just thought you were done with him when you came out to London."

"James, come here!" I called James over. This would be the first time that James had ever met Rob, after having heard about him. I wasn't expecting either to like each other, but I figured I might as well as get that introduction over with first.

James turned away from the grill, and when he saw who I was with, immediately lost the smile that was on his face.

"Hey baby, who's this?" James questioned, although he knew well enough who it was. Rob just looked a little different from the pictures that Jaz had had on her walls.

"This is my best friend from London, Rob. Rob, this is my boyfriend James." I watched both, and both tried to hide the small spark of jealousy that was rising in both of them. It threw me a little to see the spark of jealousy in Rob because I had honestly never thought that he'd ever see me as anything other than a friend.

"Hey man, nice to meet you." James said as he wrapped his arms around my back. "Did you finish your paper Jaz?"

"Yeah actually, seconds before Rob rang the doorbell. Well you go finish cooking and then maybe we'll go swim alright?" I kissed James's cheek.

"Nice to meet you." Rob said as I saw Chelsea and Devran approaching.

"It's the infamous Rob!" Devran said when he was close enough.

"You must be Devran." Rob grinned, and that's when I realized that he still had all of his stuff with him.

"Here, Rob, let me take your stuff and put it in the house." I reached out as Rob handed over his bags. I left my friends and set his things down behind the couch in the smaller living room. From there I could see the back yard and I watched all of my friends interacting.

I watched James for a second, talking to his friends, and then I watched my friends and Rob. All of my feelings from before the summer came flooding back to my mind, and for a second I didn't know what to do. I was in love with James. But, I was also in love with Rob. As long as I kept reminding myself that I was with James, I felt that I would be alright.

James had to be the one for me, because he had always been there, right?
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Chapter 8

Before I knew it I was back outside with all of my friends. I had to make sure that I was constantly by James if Rob was near me otherwise I didn't feel right. It was weird how one small thing can change the way that you see someone. Tomorrow James was heading out of town for a few days to go to a drifting even that he would be in. I would have been going with him if my work hadn't have scheduled me when I told them I needed off.

So that meant that today was going to be all about James because I'd be able to spend alone time with Rob starting tomorrow afternoon. Chelsea and Devran were busy trying to keep Rob occupied because they were just so excited to actually get to meet the mysterious best friend from London.

"So do you have the right sets of wheels for the event this week?" I turned to look at James who had grabbed himself a beer and was looking over at his car.

"Yeah, I've even got a spare set in case something goes wrong with the first set." James reached over and placed his hand on my leg. Shivers rushed down my spine. "It's too bad that you can't come. I think this is the one that's going to take me places. There's supposed to be tons of sponsors and everything there."

"I know...I'm a little ticked that work gave me full hours. But I mean at least you've got all of your other friends going with you. And you're going to have to call me when you do get ready to sign that first deal."

"Of course baby! You're going to be the first one I call."

"I love you James." I smiled, really meaning it when I looked at him.

"I love you too baby." James leaned over and kissed my forehead. He knew just how much I loved being kissed there because I thought it was one of the more adorable places.

"Jaz...you've got to come see this!" Chelsea yelled over to me from the opposite side of the yard that I was sitting at.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, getting up and starting over towards where she was.

James turned around and started talking to his friends about his car and the last few things he wanted to do before he actually performed in the event. He kept a slight eye on me the whole time, I could feel it. But it didn't bother me. He loved me, and I knew it. I was his first love, and I knew that much.

Anyways, when I got over to Chelsea she pulled me down so that I could see what she was looking at without letting anyone else know what we were looking at. It was the picture of Rob and I sitting on top of his loft from this past summer. My heart skipped a beat as I remembered that night. That had been the night that I had jumped down into that pile of hay and impressed Rob.

I gave a suspicious look at Chelsea who could tell that I was catching on. Chelsea was glad I was happy, but she thought that I could be much happier with Rob. The thing that scared me, was that I wasn't so sure that she was wrong. We heard footsteps coming our way and so she quickly put the picture away slyly.

When I turned to see who was behind me, I saw a develish grin on Devran's face. That's when I knew exactly what he was about to do. He was getting ready to grab me and jump in the swimming pool.

"Don't you dare Dev! I'm warning you!" I slowly started taking steps back, away from the approaching Devran. "Devran...don't!"

Before I knew it Devran was coming at me full speed. When he was close enough to wrapped his arms around me and we dove into the pool. My nice clothes were now soaking as everyone around us was laughing. All except for James. James and his friends were over at his car with the hood up, tweaking some parts.

It was the first time that it felt like James didn't want to be around my friends. I brushed that thought to the side because I knew how nervous he was about this event. I looked around and saw that Rob was flirting with our other friend Madison. A small smile came to my lips. I was happy because it meant that if Rob was trying to flirt with someone else, then I wouldn't have to try so hard to stop my feelings. They would stop on their own.

The rest of the party went off without a hitch and before we knew it, it was dark and everyone was slowly leaving. I had gone inside and changed into jeans and a tank, which were dry! When I came back downstairs, everyone except for Rob had left. They were all sitting on the couch getting ready to watch a movie. James, of course, was on the opposite side of the room as Rob. Knowing that if I were to go sit by Rob, things would turn into a fight, I waved at Rob as I went and cuddled up to James.

Who knew what would happen when James left early tomorrow morning. I was still slightly nervous, but I was excited I would be able to show my friend the city I lived in, after all of the summers he had shown me his.

Chapter 9

The movie came to an end and I helped Rob set up a bed on the couch. He currently had no where else to go, and I refused to let him go to stay at some hotel by himself when we had more than enough room in our house. Rough was going to be sleeping in the living room with him, keeping him company since James had gotten a dog that he named Nismo.

Once I was sure Rob was all set up, I went upstairs where I found James already in bed watching some TV. I swear there were some times that James and I acted more like an old couple than my parents did! I went straight over to my dresser and pulled out pj shorts which I changed into.

After I was changed, I walked over to my side of the bed and looked at James, who was looking at me. He reached his arm out and I cuddled up to him. That was when he turned off the TV and turned towards me, so our faces were within inches of each other.

"I want to talk to you about something." James said as my heart started to pound.

"What about?" I questioned, searching his blue eyes for a hint of something. I had to admit, he was scaring me.

"You know I love you right? I'd do almost anything for you."

"Yeah...I love you too. But what's this about James? You're scaring me..."

"I want to spend the rest of my life with you Jaz." That's when James rolled away long enough to reach under his pillow and pulled out a little black box.

"James..." I sat up and looked at him.

"You mean everything to me Jaz. We're perfect for each other. Will you marry me?" He opened the box and I looked at the ring, dazzling in the light that I had left on.

"Please tell me you aren't proposing just because Rob is here..." I bit my lip.

"Don't be crazy!" James looked offended and pulled the box back half an inch. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you..."

"Yes!" I said after a second or two more and jumped on him. I could not have been happier at that very moment! James wrapped his arms around me and the two of us were just caught up in the moment. Then, once the ring was on my finger, he decided it would be the perfect moment to start tickling me.

"Baby, stop! Please, I can't breathe!" I said through the laughs. He had me pinned down under him and had my arms above my head with one hand.

"You have no idea how happy you make me Jaz." James said before he kissed me and of course, naturally, it started to get heated. By the time we were done kissing it was already around two in the morning, and so I made James go to sleep since he was leaving around eight to make sure he made it to the drift event on time.

When the alarm clock went off at seven in the morning, I refrained from hitting the snooze. James kept trying to reach over me to turn the snooze on, which is why the alarm clock was on my side.

"Baby, we can't sleep in. If you don't take off on time, you won't make it there on time." I faced him and ran my fingers through his hair.

"Two minutes?" James mumbled, half opening his eyes.

"Can't..."

He kissed my forehead before he rolled onto his back and rubbed his face with his hands. After a minute or two more he made himself get up and went to take a shower. I brushed my teeth and waited for him to finish getting ready. While he was still showering I went downstairs with Nismo and got Rough to let them out to use the bathroom.

As I watched Rough and Nismo playing around, James came up behind me, smelling of fresh shower. He wrapped his arms around me and took my left hand to look at the ring that he had placed on my finger last night.

"I love you baby." He whispered into my ear.

"I love you too. Are the boys on their way over?" I was talking about his friends who were going to the drift event with him.

"Yeah, they're getting off the exit. It's too bad that you won't be there with me."

"You know I want to be...but I can't because of work."

"I know."

The two of us stood on the patio watching our two dogs playing when we heard the other cars pulling into our driveway. Before we let in James's friends we made sure that Nismo was put inside the house so that he wouldn't run away. I stood in the driveway as I watched James and his friends drive off to the drift event. I was in love with James. I had to be to accept his proposal, right?
    AngelaJoy

Number of posts : 748
    Hobbies : reading, writing, painting, crocheting

Post  AngelaJoy Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:19 pm

i'm glad i told you about the board change... this has been the only fic i've really been keeping up with, along with your jesse one.. ps, if you can, transfer that one too and continue?
    and of course i'll be continuing to read.
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:52 pm

AngelaJoy wrote:i'm glad i told you about the board change... this has been the only fic i've really been keeping up with, along with your jesse one.. ps, if you can, transfer that one too and continue?

if the old boards are still up i'll for sure transfer those over here as well...otherwise i don't have the other ones saved to my comp. glad you like my stories Very Happy
    AngelaJoy

Post  AngelaJoy Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:36 pm

*CanNon~BallZ` wrote:
    AngelaJoy wrote:i'm glad i told you about the board change... this has been the only fic i've really been keeping up with, along with your jesse one.. ps, if you can, transfer that one too and continue?

if the old boards are still up i'll for sure transfer those over here as well...otherwise i don't have the other ones saved to my comp. glad you like my stories Very Happy
    Crying or Very sad just missed it.... the old boards closed on the 15th.
    oh well. i'll keep reading this one thou
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:22 pm

AngelaJoy wrote:
    *CanNon~BallZ` wrote:

Crying or Very sad just missed it.... the old boards closed on the 15th.
    oh well. i'll keep reading this one thou

yeah, right after you said about the other stories i went and checked...kinda sad that my stories are lost forever now Sad
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Number of posts : 1499
    Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:58 am

I'm glad that moved this story over here. I loved reading it on the old boards and was hoping that you'd get to continue writing it. Great story, can't wait for more!
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:26 pm

heyy...sorry i haven't posted in a while. my heart's been a little down in the dumps lately. hopefully i'll be able to post more soon!
    sami20
    sami20

Number of posts : 155
    Hobbies : playing basketball,going shopping,hanging with friends,listening to music..etc...

Post  sami20 Fri Mar 27, 2009 10:02 pm

*CanNon~BallZ` wrote:heyy...sorry i haven't posted in a while. my heart's been a little down in the dumps lately. hopefully i'll be able to post more soon!
    Aww whats the matter.
    and so have i.
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Sun Mar 29, 2009 11:08 pm

sami20 wrote:
    *CanNon~BallZ` wrote:heyy...sorry i haven't posted in a while. my heart's been a little down in the dumps lately. hopefully i'll be able to post more soon!
    Aww whats the matter.
    and so have i.

the boy i'm in love with (the one in my siggy) and i have been kinda hitting a rough patch and i'm not sure what's there for us anymore...what's going wrong with yours?
    AngelaJoy

Post  AngelaJoy Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:20 pm

as always, i'm excited to read more
    I'm sorry to hear your going through a rough patch right now. Things will get better.
    No rush with the story, just so you do post more sometime sunny
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:30 pm

hey so sorry it's a short chapter, but i'm really trying to find my heart again before i can write a love story...makes sense right? haha...i hope you all are taking care of yourselves!

Chapter 10

Once James left I went back inside to see what my three friends were doing. Devran and Chelsea were both still sleeping, but Rob was awake watching television. Since it was still fairly early in the morning, I figured I'd let Devran and Chelsea sleep for a little while longer before I took it upon myself to wake them up.

"How are you awake Rob?" I sat down on the couch next to Rob and cuddled up against his side.

"I'm not really used to the time difference. At least not fully yet." Rob grinned, "And James's and his friends cars woke me up."

"Right, you're a light sleeper. I keep forgetting that."

"That's because you only remember during the summer when you're in London at my loft where it's quiet!"

"Very true. But anyways, I'm all yours this weekend. Well, at least when I'm not working." I took the tv remote and changed it to the movie channel so that we could find something at least half decent on.

For a while we just looked through the movies in silence, laughing when a movie title sounded crazy or when we thought a certain movie might interest us. I was still tired from having woken up so early, and also from having to watch over the dogs in the house. Nismo was in the dog room that we had, and Rough was laying by my feet. Right when we finally decided on a movie to watch I could hear that Devran and Chelsea were up and moving around.

SO instead of pressing play, I got up to see if my two friends wanted to join us.

"Hey, why don't we all go out and get some breakfast instead?" Chelsea questioned as she pulled her hair up into a pony tail.

"Yeah, why don't we do that? And then after we can head to the beach." Devran agreed as he leaned on the door frame.

"I'm sure Rob would actually enjoy hanging out and doing something more than just watching tv." Chelsea grinned, and I could tell that she was forming a slight crush on him. Seeing that flicker of interest sent jealously running through my brain, and then I felt the weight of the ring on my finger.

"How about we go ask Rob instead?" I rolled my eyes and started towards where I had left Rob and Rough. "Hey, do you want to go grab some breakfast and then hit the beach?"

"Sure, that sounds good to me." Rob stood up as Chelsea and Devran walked and stood two feet behind me.

"Told you so." Chelsea chimed.

All of us got dressed in our shorts and tanks and I grabbed Nismo and Rough's leashes. Might as well let the dogs enjoy the beach as well. We all jumped into Devran's truck and started towards our favorite breakfast place, which was a small cafe right near the beach. It was amazing in the sense that it let us have our dogs there, so I didn't have to leave them in the car. Devran took Nismo's leash while I kept Rough's.

The four of us walked up and sat down at an empty table, which was hard to find due to how busy Santa Barbara could get. When we sat down I looked at Devran because I felt that I really needed to talk to him.

"So Dev, do you work tomorrow morning?" I questioned as I glanced at the menu. I knew by heart what I was going to get.

"Yeah, I've got to be at work at 9, what about you?"

"Yeah, I start at 8. Do you want to go surfing in the morning before work?"

"For sure! We should bring Rob so he can see what surfing really is."

"That's what I was thinking."

"What were you thinking about me?" Rob questioned, after looking over the menu and finally deciding what he wanted.

"Tomorrow morning you're going to come watch Devran and me surf. Maybe you can even give it a try." I smiled as the waiter came over to take our orders. "I'm going to make sure you have an amazing weekend!"

"Is that because you can be free from the control of James?" Chelsea stuck her tongue out at me. "I swear that boy doesn't do half what you do for him."

"Yes he does Chelsea! Don't say that about James!" I scrunched my eyebrows at her, although I knew a part of her was right. I wasn't going to let her ruin today, not today.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:06 pm

Great chapter! Post more soon!
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Fri May 08, 2009 9:50 am

Chapter 11

The four of us talked and ate our food, laughing harder than I've laughed in a while. It reminded me of before, when everything had been good with my friends. Chelsea's comment about James controlling me was still bothering me, but I kept pushing it to the side of my mind. Once we were done eating, we started towards the beach, which was really close.

"So Dev, what do you think of Rob?" I asked Devran as I looped my elbow with his. Chelsea and Rob were up ahead, so they couldn't hear our conversation.

"He's a really cool guy. Seems like he's got his head on straight." Devran nudged me, "Why? Something bothering your heart?"

"Not really bothering my heart, per se. Just wondering what you thought. He's my best friend."

"Look, I know Chelsea's comment's bothering you. Don't think about it. You know James doesn't control you or anything."

"But do you think that I do a ton more for him than he does for me?"

"You do a s.hit ton for him Jaz...Sure he loves you and makes you happy, but do you think it's going to be enough in the end? Enough for this?" Devran grabbed my left hand and showed me the ring that I was wearing on my finger.

"I wouldn't have said yes if I didn't Dev..."

"As long as you know it in your heart." Devran said when all of a sudden he picked me up and started running towards the water.

"Devran!!" I laughed as I looked over and saw that Rob was doing the same thing to Chelsea.

The four of us played on the beach, although the boys had an easier time dumping me and Chelsea into the water than we had getting the boys. AFter a while I was getting exhausted, and so I ran up to where the sand hit the sidewalk. I just sat there watching my three friends playing. This is what happiness is. So what was it with James? I was happy with him, but it was also a different kind of happiness.

Right as I started thinking about James I heard my phone start to ring. Thankfully my phone didn't get wet cause I had put it on the side before we had done anything. I looked at the caller ID and saw that it was James. Part of me wanted to reject the call to see what James would do, and a large part of me wanted to answer it because it was my fiance. Oh how being caught in the middle was miserable.
    starrynights
    starrynights

Number of posts : 102

Post  starrynights Fri May 22, 2009 1:53 am

This story is really good!
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Wed Jul 15, 2009 12:31 am

Chapter 12

Before I could even answer the phone Rob sat himself next to me, and so I shoved the phone away into my pocket after hitting ignore. Grinning I leaned against Rob as I watched Devran and Chelsea walking towards us. Seconds later I felt my phone vibrate, letting me know that James had left me a voicemail.

"I can see now why you love living here so much." Rob said, finally breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it's just so much more than I can even describe. It's just so...me." I laughed, looking over to him.

"I'm really glad you found love Jaz..." Rob said as he watched my friends, unable to look me in the eyes.

"yea..." I looked away, feeling the full weight of the ring on my finger. "love..."

"Don't tell me you aren't in love...you're the one who always said that you'd know love when you felt it." Rob nudged me but didn't look at me. I was glad for that, because I didn't know what to say.

"It's not that Rob. Love is just so much more complicated than I thought it would ever be."

"What are you two talking about?" Chelsea said as she sat down in front of Rob and leaned against his leg. I swear, she was acting like a little puppy around him. Maybe it was his english accent.

"How crazy it is that I'm actually out on the west coast." Rob laughed. "I never thought I'd leave England."

"Why did you leave England? I thought that Jaz said you were backpacking through Europe this summer." Devran questioned, sitting down far enough away to not be touching anyone.

"I was backpacking through Europe because I needed to be sure that England was my home. But as for leaving England...I guess there was just something that was telling me there was something more for me." Rob answered.

"What do you mean something more for you?" Chelsea questioned, looking up at Rob expectantly. "You mean love?"

"I suppose..." Rob chuckled but looked away.

"Oh..." Devran looked at me, and I caught his eye.

"Yeah, but I guess maybe there's something I'm missing."

"Hey, I've really got to head out now. I've got to head over to work to figure out what's going on with my scheduling." I shot up, waving at my three friends. It was strange, but I was afraid of where the conversation was going to head towards. Finally, when I was out of earshot I pulled the cell phone from my pocket and called my voicemail to see what James had to say.

"Hey Baby, I was just calling because I miss you. It sucks that You can't be here. My car's driving amazing and I've actually gotten a few interviews with big sponsers. Anyways, things are great here. Wish you could have come. Love you. Call me back okay?" Click.

He missed me. He admitted it. And he loves me. So why is it that I didn't feel the butterflies when he said that he loved me? Was I just going crazy right now? I shrugged my shoulders as I somehow was close to my work. Work, hopefully, would take my mind off of everything that was going on.
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Post  babygirl49392 Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:21 am

Great job! Hope you can post more soon! Smile
    AngelaJoy

Post  AngelaJoy Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:12 pm

its been forever since u wrote, wms please
    *CanNon~BallZ`
    *CanNon~BallZ`

Post  *CanNon~BallZ` Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:45 am

Hey guys, sorry this chapter is only the first part and is super short. I started writing it but now i've got to run an errand, but i didn't want to leave you with nothing at all...let me know what you think!

Chapter 13 (Part 1)

When I walked into work I was embraced by my good work friend Stephanie, who looked more than exhausted.

"I don't know how you handle all of this!" She threw up her arms and then went to pick up more papers.

"I don't know how either." I laughed as I walked around the desk and picked up the work schedule. "Has it been super busy lately?"

"To an extent it has been. Not insane like it's been lately, but I mean, still too much for me." Stephanie laughed. "But I hear that you're best friend from England is out here?"

"Yeah, he got in a few days ago to surprise me." I smiled, able to picture exactly how Rob looked when I opened the door to see him standing there.

"How does James feel about Rob just dropping in on you?" Stephanie questioned as she started separating the papers. "And on my God, is that what I think it is???"

"Yeah...James proposed a couple nights ago" I could feel my lips grinning from ear to ear.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 3:54 pm