JMacer Family

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

+2
l0vinxJeSsE
xxGetFreakyxx
6 posters

My Jesse Paper

xxGetFreakyxx
    xxGetFreakyxx

Number of posts : 1925

My Jesse  Paper Empty My Jesse Paper

Post  xxGetFreakyxx Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:01 pm

I GOT 100%! YAY!!!
    thanks for all ur help with it(:

here it is if u want to read it. its long so ill understand if u don't wanna read it lol

Not All Male Pop Stars are Gay

A constant issue among the world of music is that male pop stars are automatically given the stereotypical title as “gay”. However many people do not do the proper research and consequently give male pop stars the label “gay” because of how they express themselves. Unlike popular opinion not all male pop stars are gay.

A popular belief among fans on male pop stars is that people use the word gay to describe male pop stars due to a lack of vocabulary. But why do male pop stars receive the stereotype of being gay? Is it out of jealousy? Some say male pop stars wear makeup, some say because of the way they dress, and some say because of the songs they sing. According to TheInsider.com Lance Bass and Ricky Martin are gay and just because some male pop stars like Lance and Ricky are gay make every other people think that every other male pop star gay. However just because a male artist sings a certain type of music, does not mean that they should be labeled as gay.

An example of a male pop star that is not gay would be Jesse McCartney. McCartney is aware of this stereotype. In an interview in 2006 Jesse said, “It’s so strange, a guy my age; If they like pop music, its-a-considered “gay” and there’s a- they put like a sexuality on it or something it’s a complex that a lot of males have. I don’t know what it is.” (Jesse McCartney) On the other hand there are many reasons Jesse McCartney is not gay. Jesse McCartney has been seen out with Danielle Panabaker, Aubrey O’Day and other girls. He was also in a relationship with actress, Katie Cassidy for 3 years. However they broke up due to conflicting schedules. McCartney has said that his ins and outs with relationships and women have made for great songwriting. Most of McCartney’s songs focus on real or hypothetical relationships with females which he is most comfortable writing about. Jesse stated in an interview with PopEntertainment.com:

Everything you hear on the record is an emotion or a feeling that I’m familiar with, you know. I’ve been in and out of relationships in the last few years and I feel like I’m just good at writing about that stuff. I feel like I’m pretty dialed in when it comes to relationships and certainly at my age, I think I have a firm grip on what it’s like being with a female. (Jesse McCartney, p. 1)

In an interview with Singersroom.com in 2008, Jesse has said that his most recent CD was titled ‘Departure’ because of how he has grown with his music and how he now writes for those of his age because they have gone through the same experiences as he has.(Jesse McCartney, p. 1) Jesse said to Scholastic News that most of the songs he has written have been from personal experiences and emotions that he has felt. (Jesse McCartney, p. 1) Also, during every concert, he sings to a female onstage. Another example of how McCartney is not gay would be the music video to his smash hit “Leavin’”. The video displays a physical, intimate relationship between him and a woman. Actually, most of Jesse’s music videos, show some kind of physical, romantic contact with the opposite gender.

Artists, such as Ne-Yo and Colby O’Donis, sing the same genre of music as Jesse McCartney, but they are not described as gay. If someone says Jesse’s lyrics are gay, they do not realize that many singers/songwriters they are a fan of that have written his lyrics. A popular song that many people like and would not call gay would be the song “Shawty is a Ten” by The Dream. “Leavin’” was written by The Dream. According to AllMusic.com he has written many songs people wouldn’t call gay such as “Umbrella”, “Touch My Body”, ”Bed”, ”Single Ladies” and many more. So why is “Leavin’” different?

As for Jesse’s physical appearance, he does not wear makeup. In photos, his skin isn’t always what you would call perfect. In addition to that, he normally dresses in suits, and if he isn’t he is usually wearing clothes not different from normal people such as jeans. So why does the way Jesse dresses affect why people call him gay? Just because he cares about how he looks? Or just because he doesn’t dress messy?

Jesse McCartney has also said many things about girls and what he likes in them. Jesse stated, “I love a girl that can make me laugh, I’m not a real ‘laugh at anything’ kind of guy and I don’t laugh and smile all the time, but if a girl can make me laugh- I am in love” (Jesse McCartney, p.14) which means that if he is talking about what he likes in a girl than he isn’t gay if he likes females. Jesse has also said, “I think I would date a girl that has the same interests as me. This way we would have fun doing something we both love” (Jesse McCartney, p. 15). This also implies that he likes females because he is talking about what kind of girl he likes.

On a Jesse McCartney forum, a woman asked her husband why he and his friends think all male pop stars are gay. Their response was that if there is a male that females find attractive they will get jealous. As a response to their jealousy they will call the good looking male gay to protect their ego because the jealousy damages it and hurts their self esteem. They also said that they call Jesse McCartney and other male pop stars gay because they do not want to admit that they have talent.

In conclusion, many people think male pop stars’ lyrics and the way they dress are gay. However, those are the wrong reasons. Just like Jesse McCartney, most male pop stars have most likely been in a relationship with a female and have written songs about women. More people should do the proper research instead of making incorrect assumptions.
    l0vinxJeSsE
    l0vinxJeSsE

Number of posts : 787

My Jesse  Paper Empty Re: My Jesse Paper

Post  l0vinxJeSsE Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Nice job on your paper! I read the whole thing and I really liked it. I think you got your point across really well. Congrats on your grade too!

I got a 98% on my Jesse paper. lol, but it was a paper on his career so it was a bit longer than yours (a rediculous 9 pages. ugh).

Smile
    heathermarie
    heathermarie

Number of posts : 781

Post  heathermarie Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:16 pm

I really like it too! I read all of it, and I really enjoyed it! You definitely got your points across!

Congrats on your grade by the way (:
    babygirl49392
    babygirl49392

Number of posts : 1499
    Hobbies : I live for music!! I love to read and write, hang out with friends, and watch movies!

Post  babygirl49392 Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:42 pm

haha! I had to have my husband read the second to last paragraph! Glad that we could help in your research. lol. Great paper! You deserve the grade you got! Thanks for posting it for us to read.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 337

Post  Admin Fri Jun 19, 2009 3:03 pm

This is great :] You deserved that 100! Congrats (:
    JesseMAC22
    JesseMAC22

Number of posts : 197

My Jesse  Paper Empty My Jesse Replay

Post  JesseMAC22 Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:22 pm

LOVE IT! My Jesse  Paper 690817 My Jesse  Paper 690817 My Jesse  Paper 690817 My Jesse  Paper 690817 My Jesse  Paper 690817 This is what I want to tell EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!! No one has the decency to actually speak what they think. My theory is that guys just want him to be gay so that they could date him! lol! (just a joke) But seriously, they should really listen and do the research, because us fans can get pretty violent and angry pretty fast. I wanted to do a research paper/project on Jesse McCartney back in 8th grade, but my teacher said that he was too young and too new. He's done more Sugar Honey Ice Tea than she's done in her whole lifetime. The, being the hypocrite she is, she let this other girl in my class do her paper/project on Ryan Sheckler! He's younger than Jesse! Oh well, she'll rue the day! Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
    xxGetFreakyxx
    xxGetFreakyxx

Number of posts : 1925

Post  xxGetFreakyxx Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:54 pm

Thanks you guys<3

im so proud of my paper Very Happy
    and my presentation was amazing too.
    the begining was funny cause this kid,shamoon,who no one would call gay was wearing these white pants and a black t shirt that looked like Jesse's shirt that has the 1 on it and i said "LOOK AT WHAT SHAMOON IS WEARING" when i got up to jesse's appearance part of my power point and i put a pic of Jesse wearing something similar and everyone was hysterical laughing. at the end he was like "ur presentation was really good, i dont think jesse is gay anymore" lmao
    and i played leavin at the end Very Happy
    it was so funny i got a 95 on the presentation becuase i was 'fidgeting' :/ whatever

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 10:49 pm